A gas stove is one of the most essential appliances in cooking and kitchen. Can one imagine how cooking will work out if there are no gas stoves?
Therefore having a gas stove and cleaning it is one of the regular processes one must do. If one doesn’t know how to clean gas stoves, here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean gas stove.
How to clean gas stove?
One to get started with cleaning a gas stove, one requires a few items like the scrub, soapy water, a towel, and a sponge.
The process of how to clean gas stove and cleaning it in a proper way is easy. Here are the following steps one can use to clean one gas stove:
- First, one has to arrange all those items mentioned above and remove all the grates and burners off from the gas stove.
- After one has removed the grates and burners, one can lightly wipe the gas stove with a dry cloth to remove every dirt which could be cleaned off while dry.
- One can create soapy water by adding liquid soap or dishwashing soap and place the burners and grates inside it.
- After they are soaked, the next thing is to check if the fuel ports are clogged by some dirt or food remains. One can only clean them after the burners are removed. If they are clogged, one can clean them and rub them lightly with a brush or scrub.
- Now: after one has fuel ports, it’s time to actually clean all the gas stoves. Use a sponge and dip it lightly in the dish soap and rub it against the surface of the gas stove to clean it: for effective cleaning, one can rub the surface in a circular motion with the sponge.
- After one is over with rubbing the surface, it’s time to rinse the gas stove with water and dry it off with the towel.
Tips to clean better
If one wants to clean the grates and burners properly, one can use ammonia and dip the grates and burners in it overnight and clean them in the morning with water.
If one is having trouble removing grease marks on the gas stove, one can use a solution of baking soda and water to rub the grease off.
If one wants a spotless stove, one can use white vinegar to rub the gas stove, clean it properly and wipe it off.
If one has steel or metal burners, one can use the combination of baking soda and lemon juice as baking soda can clean the burners while lemon will prevent it from rusting easily.
Can the usage of ammonia leave marks on the gas stove?
Using ammonia won’t leave any marks on the gas stove while cleaning the surface clean. It is a known fact that ammonia can clean gas stoves.