Refrigerators are something, no household can go without. In the earlier times, people used to either consume all perishable items by the end of the day or store it in mud vases and containers to preserve it. However, thanks to life becoming more and more urbanised by the day, these happenings are barely visible these days. Refrigerators have been around for a long time in our households. However, with technology, more and more modern designs of refrigerators are coming up in the market. These refrigerators are more advanced and provide you with more space and facilities than normal refrigerators.
The best refrigerator in India is very difficult to find considering the wide range of amazing refrigerators in the market. However, we have made a list of our best recommendations the features of each which may qualify them to be the best refrigerator in India.
Before we go on to this list, let us first know about a few things you should remember before purchasing a refrigerator. Make sure you keep these things I mind before finalising on a product.
Factors To Consider Before Purchasing A Refrigerator:
The first thing that you should consider before purchasing a fridge is the type. Usually there are four broad varieties of fridges mainly:
- Side by side door fridge: These fridges are the rage these days. Side by side door refrigerators have the freezer and the fridge located next to each other.
- Top freezer: In this kind of fridge, the freezer lies on the top and the fridge is below the freezer.
- Bottom freezer: the freezer lies below the fridge which lies on the top.
- French door: the freezer lies at the bottom and the fridge lies above which has two doors that open outwards.
One of the most important factors to consider before you purchase a refrigerator is to assess the amount of space the refrigerator will occupy. Big refrigerators are indeed more convenient than small refrigerators for obvious reasons like space and features. However, do not e hasty and purchase a big refrigerator without thinking about this factor. Placing a big refrigerator in a restricted space will give birth to new problems and will ultimately affect the optimality of the refrigerator. To avoid any kind of inconvenience, make sure you measure the space with a tape if you can before you invest in any refrigerator. Nowadays, more and more brands are coming up with smaller and space friendly refrigerators for smaller places. Don’t be fooled by their sizes, many of them are even more advanced than their bigger counterparts.
One of the most important factors you should consider before you purchase a refrigerator is the price range. This is because there are a huge number of refrigerators across a wide price range. You may indulge yourself in very pricey and designer refrigerators if you may. But it is always better to make a value for money purchase instead of investing a bulk of money for nothing. Make sure you check all the specifications and features and make a correct assessment. Buy a brochure or browse through a number of varieties of refrigerators online before you finalise on a purchase.
This may or may not be important for you, but to many, it is. It is important that your fridge goes along with the colour of your walls in your room. This gives a more aesthetic look to your house. Also, some interior designers are of the opinion that lighter coloured appliances and furniture make your place look more spacious. So, if you have a kitchen with restricted space, then you should opt for a light coloured variant than a dark coloured one. However, dark colours have their own charm and if you are a person with an inclination towards dark colours, you can select from a wide range of products as well.
Availability and delivery:
Before purchasing the fridge you should also consider the availability and the delivery charges that will be added for making the delivery. Whether you are ordering online or offline, make sure you check out the delivery price. A high delivery price may affect the cost effectiveness of your purchase.
Our recommendations for the best refrigerator in India:
You would have to be living under a rock to not know about the brand Samsung. From the best mobile phones to the most advanced electronic appliances, Samsung stands up to its reputation. Here’s why this could be the best selling refrigerator in India.
- Auto defrost: This refrigerator has an auto defrost feature so that you don’t need to remember to defrost your freezer every now and then. Regular defrosting is necessary for the smooth functioning of the refrigerator. This feature takes care of that very well.
- Good capacity: This refrigerator has a capacity of 345 litres which will easily suffice for a family of 5-6 members. Insufficient space will never be an issue with this refrigerator.
- Warranty: Samsung provides a 1 year warranty on the fridge and a 10 year warranty on the compressor.
- Energy rating: This refrigerator has a 3 star energy rating which means it is energy efficient and saves on your electricity bill.
- Shelf type: the shelf type is toughened glass that is made up of very tough and durable material that prevents any kind of damage.
LG is probably one of the many brands that is familiar with every household. Every household has or has had at least one LG appliance in their lifetime. LG stands for “Life’s Good” and with its consumer friendly and energy saving electric appliances life is exactly that.
- Capacity: One of the most important things you should consider before purchasing a refrigerator is its capacity. The capacity of this refrigerator is 260 litres which is more than enough for a family of 2 or 3.
- Energy rating: The energy rating of this product is 3 start which means it saves a lot on energy consumed. This in turn helps you to economise on your electricity bill.
- Smart inverter compressor: This refrigerator has a smart inverter compressor that works silently and help in energy consumption.
- Warranty: This product has a 1 year warranty and the compressor has a 10 year warranty.
Haier is another electric appliance brand that has a loyal consumer base and has been tried and tested by various users all around the world. Here are some of the best features of this refrigerator that indeed may make it the best-selling refrigerator in India.
- Economic: This is one of the simpler versions of refrigerators and thus uses electricity economically. If you are looking for a simple fridge with small to medium capacity, then this may be the best choice for you.
- Capacity: As mentioned earlier, this refrigerator is among the simpler versions available in the market. The capacity of this refrigerator is 170 litres which is perfect for bachelors or a couple.
- Energy rating: This refrigerator has a 3 star energy rating which means it can also save on energy while functioning optimally.
- Warranty: this product has a warranty of 1 year on the product and 5 years on the compressor.
Here is why this may be the end of your search for best refrigerator in India.
- Capacity: this refrigerator has a capacity of 265 litres which can easily meet the needs of a family of 3 or 4.
- Energy rating: This refrigerator has a 3 star energy rating that assures that you conserve and use energy optimally.
- Convertible Freezer: we all know how freezers can get a bit too cold for our liking an ruin what’s inside. To solve this problem, this refrigerator has 5 different freezer modes namely: Chef Mode, Dessert Mode, Party Mode and Deep Freeze mode. Adjust according to your liking.
- Artificial intelligence: This refrigerator uses artificial intelligence with the help of a microprocessor and 3 Intelli sensors to sense load, weather conditions and usage patterns so that the refrigerator can automatically meet all your cooling requirements without you having to do anything manually.
- Warranty: Whirlpool provides a 1 year warranty on the entire product and a 10 year warranty on the compressor.
Looking for the best side by side refrigerator in India? Read on to find out why this may e it.
- Water dispenser: This refrigerator also comes with a cold water dispenser. Perfect during summer as you do not have to keep separate water bottles that would take u space in the refrigerator.
- Gigantic capacity: This refrigerator has a capacity of 564 litres which can easily cater to the cooling requirements of a big to very big family.
- LED display panel: This refrigerator comes with a LED display panel that helps you see and control cooling easily.
- Quick freeze and quick cool features: This refrigerator has a cook cool feature that help food lasts longer and quick freeze feature that helps in freezing and making ice faster.
Here are few of the best features of this refrigerator:
- Auto defrost: This refrigerator has an auto defrost feature so that you don’t have to manually defrost your freezer.
- Capacity: This refrigerator has a gigantic capacity of 564 litres that is sufficient for a big family.
- Warranty: This product has a 1 year warranty on the product and a 5 year warranty on the compressor.
Here is why this is this may be the best side by side refrigerator in India.
- Frost free: This refrigerator has auto defrost that keeps your ridge frost free and cools effectively.
- Great capacity: This refrigerator has a capacity of 661 litres which again is a lot and is sufficient for a big family.
- Inverter compressor: This ensures your food stays cool even during times of power cut offs.
- Warranty: Bosch provides a 1 year warranty on the product and a 10 year warranty on the compressor.
Conclusively, we can say that the above list is an inclusive one and it may be so that we have left out on a few good refrigerators in the list. However, the above list consists of the best products in the market. So even if you want to purchase something out of this list, you should be looking for similar features. Finding the best refrigerator in India is very difficult. However, we have very carefully picked out the best rated products for you keeping in mind various aspects like affordability, compactness, style and other things. If you are indeed eager to purchase a quality refrigerator then make sure you go through this list intricately. This list consists of the best fridges that will not only give you the best cooling and preservation, but will also save loads on your electricity bill.
Now, as we end this article, let us know about few of the most frequently asked questions about refrigerators:
Frequently asked questions on refrigerators:
- Should I buy small refrigerators or a bigger one?
One of the main reasons why many people resort to buying smaller refrigerators even after having bigger space requirements is that they think smaller refrigerators are energy savers. While this may be true in some cases, nowadays, refrigerators, even the big ones come with advanced cooling technology that helps immensely in saving electricity consumption and is hence lighter on your pocket in the long run. The only thing you should be concerned about is having enough space to place your refrigerator.
- Where should I keep my refrigerator?
There is no one place you can keep your refrigerator in. any spacious, cool and dry place will do. Make sure you keep your refrigerator away from any kind of wetness. Avoid keeping your refrigerator next to other electric appliances. Make sure you maintain some distance from the wall while placing your refrigerator.
- How to know whether my refrigerator consumes a lot of electricity or not?
During or before you make a purchase; make sure you check the star label on the surface of the fridge. This will give you all the details about the energy consumption and other important things you should know about the functionality of the refrigerator.
- What to do in case my refrigerator malfunctions?
Usually, refrigerators barely malfunction until a few years of use. However, if you find that your fridge starts malfunctioning before time, then make sure you use the guarantee. This is why it is so important to buy a refrigerator from a trusted brand. These brands are ones that provide a long guarantee period and also excel in the field of after purchase services.