To begin with, what exactly is an air purifier? Do you really need an air purifier? All your answers will be answered in this article. Are you looking for a new air purifier? If you are, then look no further. This article will give you more than enough information for you to be able to make an informed decision on your air purifier. This article contains features for which you should look out, and there is also a list of few of the best air purifiers in India and their key features.
If you are looking for the best room air purifier price in India, that is a good idea, but for a cheap price you may not get the desired performance from your product. That is why instead of entering “best air purifier in India for price” into the search bar of your browser, first make sure you know what you are looking for, and then once you have that you can search for products based on price.
A machine or appliance that removes pollutants from the air in a room in order to improve the quality of air indoors, is known as an air purifier or air cleaner. These devices are often advertised as being helpful to people who suffer from allergies and asthma patients, as well as limiting or eliminating second-hand cigarette smoke.
These devices achieve this purification of air using various different methods, depending on the design and brand. The most popular method is filtration. There are also other ways like UV light irradiation of germs, ionization of particles, activated carbon adsorption, etc.
The history of air purifiers is quite interesting. They actually stemmed from inventions that were intended for making air purifiers for personal purposes in the form of helmets. Charles Anthony Deane was granted a patent in 1830 for a device that included a copper helmet that had a flexible collar and a garment attached. The initial plan was to supply air through a long leather hose attached to the back of the helmet, which would be pumped into the helmet with the help of double bellows. The breathed air was permitted to escape through a short pipe.
A couple of patents were filed by John Stenhouse in the 1860s that combined the property of wood charcoal to adsorb small particles, with air purification, resulting in him inventing the first ever practical respirator. John Tyndall improved the firefighter’s respirator a few years later, by inventing a hood that removed smoke and toxic gases and fumes from the air.
After being utilised in the United States’ Manhattan Project to monitor airborne nuclear pollution in the 1940s, HEPA filters were marketed as highly effective air filters in the 1950s. According to reports, in 1963 the German brothers Manfred and Klaus Hammes sold the first ever residential HEPA filter. These brothers went on to found the Incen Air Company. This went on to form the widely popular and successful IQAir corporation.
Best Air Purifier In India – Buying Guide
Factors to consider
If you want to be able to call your Best Air Purifier In India, you need to make sure you keep these features in mind. These points are important when choosing an air purifier:
- Needs: If you are looking for an air purifier for the purpose of helping out an asthmatic family member or to help out with allergies, or even to handle pets, you need to ensure the air purifier you select is best- suited for your needs.
- Size: You need to select an appropriate air purifier size, depending on the size of the room you intend on using it in. If you buy one that is too small, you may not get the required performance. If you buy one that is too big, it may be a waste of energy and power, and will needlessly pile up your electric bills.
- Performance: Performance is obviously an important factor to consider. This article answers a few questions based on performance, a little ahead.
- Features: Some air purifiers function on buttons, some have touch screens, some have remote controls. Some air purifiers even have indicators that let you know when you need to change the filter or clean the filter. Similarly, there are a lot of features to consider when making your choice.
Best Air Purifiers Reviews
This model of Sharp air purifiers is one of their best models. It is a high-performance long-lasting air purifier. It is the best home air purifier in India. Sharp Air Purifiers provide a 20-degree airflow that cleans and purifies the air from the ceiling to the floor. It absorbs dust from a height closer to the floor of the of the room and reduces static electricity, allowing for more thorough cleaning.
- It has a coverage area of 320 square feet.
- This air purifier cleans the air that it takes in, capturing up to 99.97 percent of germs in the air.
- It is made using the best Japanese technology.
- It also has an option for Auto-restart.
- It has manual and automatic mode options.
- It also has a Haze mode for highly polluted areas.
This air purifier from Philips sports the all new Vitashield Intelligent purification. This is the current best-selling air purifier in India. The clean air distribution rate has been found to be to 270 m3/hr. It can extract almost microscopic particles as small as 0.02um with ease. It also removes toxic gases like formaldehyde and TVOC from the air that it takes in.
- It works best in closed areas between 226 and 333 square feet.
- It filters particles from the air, cleaning it of germs up to 99.97 percent.
- It removes 99.9 percent of bacteria and viruses.
- It has been tested to clear the H1N1 virus from the air.
- It is a good option for filtering out airborne allergens.
- It is the best air purifier in India for allergies.
This is one among few that can be called the best air purifier online in India. This air purifier efficiently prepares the air in your room so you can sleep comfortably or stay in the room. It also continuously controls the room’s air quality, ensuring that you breathe clean air. It can purify particles as small as 0.03 microns. It automatically detects air quality and calculates the most appropriate filter size, and utilises it. It emits negative ions, which helps to purify and restore the environment, keeping it clean and fresh.
- It has a great design and looks elegant.
- It works best in a closed area of about 216 square feet.
- It is made using the best German PM-10 technology.
- It is found to have a pure flow of air of about 270m3/h.
- It is built from durable ABS material.
- It has a HD LED touch screen.
This air purifier has been mentioned in the discussion of the top air purifier in India. Electrostatic filtration by Lasko consists of a series of metal plates , that are connected by an ioniser wire. The air particles become charged when they move through these plates and are drawn to the collection plates made out of stainless steel. Customers do not need to buy new filters because the filter is efficient, durable and effective.
- It can filter particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- It does not need extra filters for odour control, since it has a static field.
- It also does not emit ozone as a by-product.
- It also removes ozone from the air it filters.
- The filter is easy to maintain, since it can be washed with soap and water.
This model from KENT has been called the best air purifier in India by critics. The filter in this air purifier contains an antibacterial coating that destroys all bacteria in the air. The built-in ioniser boosts air quality and ensures that the air in the room remains fresh at all times. It has an intelligent light censor that keeps track of the quality of the air. A three-stage system in the air filter eliminates almost all contaminants from the indoor air.
- It has an optimal coverage area of 290 square feet.
- It has specially treated carbon plates in the filter.
- It has high quality HEPA filters.
- It has a pure air flow measured at about 180 m3/hr.
- It has an in-built ionizer.
This model of air purifier from Geek is considered the best budget air purifier India. Great craftsmanship, smart efficiency, and unrivalled success are the founding principles of GEEK. GEEK’s hallmarks include cutting-edge design, cutting-edge technology, a plethora of features, and a long lifespan. GEEK’s philosophy is to be beyond creativity, to be the best at invention, and to have the best user experiences possible.
- It has filtration that occurs over three layers.
- It has three different wind speed options available.
- It has a quiet motor, which provides a quiet and relaxing environment, so you can sleep well.
- It has HEPA filter.
- It has a coverage range of 200 square feet.
This air purifier is not only for rooms. It is compact and portable which makes it suitable for use in vehicles as well. Reffair is a premium air purifier brand that specializes in portable air purifiers. It puts its products through rigorous testing on a global scale to ensure that you get effective pollution control. It is the cheapest air purifier in India and is quite useful since our roads are highly polluted due to high population and heavy traffic.
- It has high grade HEPA filters.
- It has a pure air flow of 16.2 m³/h.
- Efficiently removes 99.97 percent of unwanted particles from the air.
- It is highly energy efficient and does not drain the car battery too much.
- It can function on a power bank.
Eureka Forbes is a big name in water and air purifiers. It is possibly the best air purifier brand in India. The air purifier has been accredited to meet the highest air quality requirements. Aeroguard AP 700 is a result of superior design and advanced technology and this product sits comfortably in your home or workplace.
- It has six stages of filtration.
- It utilizes Filtermaxx Technology.
- It provides disease resistance.
- It has filters against H1N1, bacteria, etc.
- It provides 99.99% protection from unwanted airborne particles.
- It has a coverage area of 602 square feet.
- It has a silent mode for night time so your sleep is undisturbed.
Nectar has a few or the beat products if you are looking for cheap and best air purifiers in India. They are heavy duty, durable air purifiers. They are meant for highly polluted areas. They are low maintenance and have washable filters. This particular model comes equipped with electrostatic filters.
- It has a coverage area of 550 square feet.
- It has a 360-degree rotating body, for all round purifying.
- It utilizes a patented HIRD filter in the air purifier.
- It has three speed settings.
- It has a quiet functioning motor.
- It is easy to clean and is low-maintenance.
People who suffer from seasonal allergies and people who are sensitive to air quality will benefit from the A1606 air purifier. Pet owners, kids, the elderly, and everyone else looking to enhance the air quality in their homes would appreciate this air purifier. It has a charcoal filter that eliminates odours caused by pets, sweat, smoking, pollution and cooking. It is considered by some as the best air purifier in India.
- It has a HEPA filter.
- It has digital LCD screen.
- It purifies the air up to 99.97 percent of the unwanted particles and germs.
- It can filter particles up to 0.3 microns.
- It is made using high quality Japanese technology.
- It has a coverage range of 600 square feet.
- It has a clean air delivery rate of 317 m3/h.
It is a brand-new type of air purifier that blends science, stylish design, and innovation. By automatically adjusting to changing air quality conditions in a room, the TruSens Z-3000 collects pollutants, filtering them out of the air and neutralises odours, to make your room a more comfortable and fresh space. It is considered as a major contender for the title of the best home air purifier in India.
- It utilizes a brand-new filtration technology called DuPont filtration.
- It has a room coverage of 750 square feet.
- It is proven to be 24 percent more effective than its competition.
- It has four different levels of filtration, including a Pre-filter option, a Carbon Filter, a mode for a True HEPA Filter and finally a UV Sterilization mode.
- SensorPod watches and reacts to air quality remotely, by sending the appropriate signal to the air purifier to adjust the fan speed accordingly.
- It has an LED display.
Which air purifier is the best in terms of performance?
- In terms of performance, there are two elements to consider. There is CADR, which means Clean Air Delivery Rate, and the Coverage Area of the air purifier. In terms of CADR the AviZo Air Purifier- Model: A1606 is the best option with a CADR of 317 m3/h. In terms of the Coverage Area, the TruSens Air Purifier- ModelZ-3000 is the best option, with a coverage area of 750 square feet. If you are looking for the best overall option, the AviZo Air Purifier- Model: A1606 is the best air purifier in terms of performance.
How do you reduce the noise created by the air purifiers?
- The only long-term solution really, is to buy a new air purifier after testing it and doing the appropriate research to make sure that it is a silent model. A temporary solution would be to use a lower fan speed, since the air purifier will generally make more noise the higher the fan speed.
What is the major drawback of having air purifiers?
- There are a few drawbacks of owning air purifiers. One is that they do require a bit of maintenance from time to time, and that does not come cheaply. There are also quite a few air purifiers that have been found to emit ozone, which is harmful to people and animals alike. Another problem you may face is that you have to make sure your filter is cleaned regularly. If you fail to do this, there is a chance that the micro-organisms and bacteria will find a brand-new breeding ground of their own in your filter.
Which brand air purifier is best?
- Based on the general market, Philips has been found to make the best overall air purifiers available.
What is the best air purifier in 2021?
- Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier, has been found to be the best overall air purifier in the year 2021.
What is the best location for an air purifier?
- It’s a good idea to give the air purifier at least a foot of space on all sides, front, and back so it can clean the air in the whole room rather than just a small part in which it is kept. In reality, the less obstacles in the way of the purifier, the more effectively the purifier can function and work to keep the air in the room clean. It is also not a good idea to keep your air purifier near doors or windows, because that can be overwhelming for it. If your purifier has a remote control, it is a good idea to keep it at least 5 or 6 feet from other devices that use wavelengths to functions, to keep them from interfering with each other’s signals.
Is it worth it to buy an air purifier?
- If you can afford the maintenance and the cost of running an air purifier, then yes, it is definitely worth it. It helps to keep your breathing space pure and fresh and also helps to protect you from harmful germs, viruses, etc.
Which is the best air purifier in India?
- There are quite a few air purifiers mentioned in this article. If you want to find the best air purifier available in India, the best way to get an answer is to do some research. However, if you want an answer right now, the Dyson Air Purifier, particularly the Cool Link Tower Model- TP03, has been found by some to be the best air purifier in India.