Laptop Keyboard is comparatively smaller in size and arranged a bit differently than desktop keyboard due to the presence of a narrower footprint. They are in demand because of the advantages they come up with. The keys can be concave or flat, but you should always go for the one which you are comfortable with. It can be of different types and come up with specific functions for your requirement.
Laptop Keyboards are of various types:
- Traditional Style – It has only a millimeter space between the keys and has edges with slopes off. The keys are a bit taller as well.
- Chiclet or Island Style – These are more prevalent nowadays. They have some extra space between the keys and a flat top.
- Mechanical Switch – These keyboards have a mechanical switch underneath the keycaps, which makes the click sound.
- Touch type – These keyboards are simply activated by touch, and the key being pressed sends a vibration as its response of being registered.
Factors to Look out for when buying Laptop Keyboard
Check out these features before buying any Laptop keyboard:
- Portable – The keyboard should be compact and easy to move around from one place to another.
- Weight – Always check out the weight, it shouldn’t be too heavy nor it should be too light. Just choose the most comfortable according to you.
- Cost-efficient – You should buy things accordingly, the expensive ones are not always the best. The same goes for the keyboard too, always compare and buy.
- Waterproof – It should be there as we frequently spill liquids here and there. It adds another layer of protection to your laptop keyboard.
- Easy to use – Don’t select something you aren’t familiar with or else your typing speed might drastically fall. Always go for a simpler and easier one to operate.
Built-in laptop keyboards are not very efficient so we apply work-specific external laptop keyboards that are much simpler, better, and efficient. If you buy,
- Feel less heat – Built-in keyboards give out heat, which we can feel while working for hours on the laptop.
- Typical Errors are reduced – With proper spacing, we can type freely so, the prone to mistakes will be less. Moreover, built-in keyboards have a different arrangement
- Flexible Screen positioning – We tend to stay behind the screen of the laptop more in a fixed position thus cramping some of our muscles, but with an external one we can extend and sit at our convenience for working
Overall, it is advantageous to have an external keyboard for its portability and flexibility.
Reviews of Best Laptop Keyboard
The box contains a keyboard, mouse, and nano-receiver. It is a wireless full-size keyboard, therefore, no entanglement of wires. It’s easier to use because of the edges and presence of hotkeys. There is no delay in Bluetooth connectivity because of the advanced 2.4 GHz range. It gives the ultimate typing experience with low-profile, quiet keys, that’s why also called the best laptop keyboard for typing.
- It is a full-size keyboard with 8 hotkeys.
- It has a long battery life of 24 months.
- It provides a wireless connection of up to 10m.
- The design of the keys provides great comfort.
- It has got 3 years of warranty.
It’s a USB type keyboard with build to last quality You just have to plug in the keyboard to your laptop or computer and you are done assembling it. A total of 114 keys are present with 12 Multimedia keys. It consumes negligible power as well.
- It is sturdy and lasts longer than the rest.
- It has UV-printed Keys so that the inscriptions don’t fade.
- It has got 12 multimedia keys out of the 114 keys.
It is a durable keyboard with a sleek design and compact in size. It has noiseless keys that are durable and splash-resistant. The keys are compact and flat in shape. It has also got tangle-free wire and a total of 88 keys. This keyboard might have a lifespan of over 10 million keystrokes.
- It is small in size yet durable.
- It has got a noiseless design with 78 chocolate keys.
- The keyboard is exclusively splash-resistant.
- It also got a tangle-free wire and no lagging in connectivity.
- It has got a one-year warranty.
This keyboard is quite quirky with a lot of multimedia specified keys like play, pause, etc. buttons on either side of it. The keys are soft as well with an orangish taint on some of them. It also has the noiseless feature and fluid resistant which it makes it one of the best laptop keyboard.
- It is a full-size keyboard with soft-edged keys.
- It has a fluid-resistant body with a noiseless and smooth keystroke.
- Direct keys available for various multimedia purposes.
- The keyboard keys are UV-coated to make sure that the letters on the keys don’t fade away.
- It has got a one-year Amkette warranty.
5. Dell KB216 Wired Multimedia USB Keyboard Best Laptop Keyboard for multimedia
This keyboard is a general multipurpose one with numerous hotkeys. The keys are soft and sturdy with a Chiclet style that helps in efficient and comfortable typing. This is the best keyboard for everyday home or office work. The build quality is excellent as well.
- It is a full-size keyboard with hotkeys like volume, mute, play/pause, backward and forward that helps in controlling multimedia pretty easily.
- It has soft and Chiclet style keys that make typing comfortable and efficient.
- It has a desk-centric design for work in the home and office.
- It has got a one-year replacement warranty.
Dell, Logitech, and HP are the best laptop keyboard brands but among these HP is the oldest and more renowned. This is a basic model of a wired USB keyboard which works smoothly and efficiently. It has a durable design with adjustable height.
- It is a full-size keyboard with a sturdy body
- Its height can be adjusted.
- It has a range of 109 keys with 12 function keys and 3 hotkeys.
- Natural contours and shape allow it to sit in a comfortable position for your wrist and hands.
- Which is the best laptop keyboard for gaming?
The best laptop keyboard for gaming is Razer Cynosa V2 – Chroma RGB Membrane Wired Gaming Keyboard which has a backlit keyboard and is able to execute up to ten commands at the same time with a built-in key rollover for anti-ghosting. Also, Razer Hypershift lets all keypress and keys combinations, which execute complex compounds. The most attractive thing is that it syncs with all the popular games. It also supports nearly 16.8 million colors on backlit keys. It is the best laptop backlit keyboard.
- Which is the best laptop keyboard for typists?
The best laptop keyboard for typists is Logitech Craft as it has backlit keys that let you write in any condition, the battery drainage is low as well and by touching the crown you can instantly access context-specific functions like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe software, and many more.
- Which is the best laptop with a large keyboard?
The best laptop with a large keyboard is HP Pavilion Nontouch i7 17.3″ HD Display Laptop because it has a full-size island-style keyboard with a numeric keypad.
Also, check out 7 Avita laptop reviews if you are looking for a powerful budget laptop.