Whether you’ve torn your shirt in a catfight with your brother or came home with your pants in two pieces after a football match, or if you are passionate about designing new outfits, you land up to the same thing – SEWING MACHINE!
The best sewing machine in India has proved to quench the ardency for sewing and designing for millions of homes and if you too see a designer in yourself, resorting to the top sewing machine brands in India definitely prove to be a profitable investment
Since we are out in a search of the best sewing machine in India, we need to emphasize various parameters like build quality, operational efficiency, mode of working, and many others. For this, we’ll be beginning with an overview of the global industry for the best sewing machine for home and professional uses.
Best Sewing Machine in India – Overview of the Sewing Machine Market
The global markets for the best sewing machines for beginners and professionals is a decently-growing industry, showing the Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of more than 3% between the forecast period 2016-2025 (base year-2019). The countries in the Asia-Pacific region account for the largest demanders for the best sewing machine for home use as well as heavy-duty sewing machines for professionals.
The impressive growth report for the markets for the best stitching machines in India is expected to show positive impacts on many other industries as well as households that depend upon the best stitching machines for their operations (for instance, tailors, clothing alteration shops, fashion designing colleges, etc. and thus, these machines are acting as a binding agent for many industries.
Segregation of the industry for the best sewing machines in India
Globalization, paired with technological advancements has brought several evolutions in the global sewing machine markets, which has directly or indirectly, increased the demands for high-tech sewing machines. They have not only eased out the work of professionals but have also opened newer avenues for those planning to make a career in designing.
For simplifying the process of research, the authorities segregated the market into different types of sewing machines, and each of them is a separate area of consideration. The following are various types of the best sewing machine in India.
- Electronic sewing machines
- Mechanical machines
- Automatic sewing machines
- Overlock machines
- Embroidery machines
All these varieties of sewing machines vary in application, efficiency, and most importantly, price, and deciding what suits your budget the best is what determines the best tailoring machine in India for you.
Talking about the applications of the top sewing machine in India, we can broadly segregate them into two broad categories:
Residential vs. Industrial Sewing Machines
It’s hard to believe that an Indian home lacks a sewing machine, isn’t it? The best sewing machine for home use India has been an eminent part of every Indian household for ages and we don’t see this tradition tailoring in the upcoming time.
When we talk about sewing machines for home usage, we are generally talking about the best mini sewing machine in India as they are compact, which makes them portable enough to work at any part of the home.
The popularity of the sewing machine is no less when it comes to professional usage. Millions of Indians rely on stitching and sewing for earning their livelihood, especially in rural areas. Also, tailoring is a renowned profession as the Indian middle and elite class demands elegant clothing for weddings, jobs, casual wearing, etc and thus, the best sewing machine brands in India account for an appreciable share in the field of designing.
Reasons Behind Popularity of Sewing Machines Brands in India in 2021
Undeniably, sewing machines are among the most demanded products among Indians, especially among ladies. Besides, professionals also require a significant number of heavy-duty sewing machines for running operations on a large scale.
The reasons behind the popularity of the best manual sewing machines in India are not confined merely to the above-listed reasons. Here are some other reasons that have led to the rising demand for the best silai machines in India.
1. Growing industrial projects
Globalization has been responsible for giving a kick start to almost every industry. Prominent industries like apparel, automobile, etc require heavy-duty sewing machines at an extremely large scale and thus, this has been a significant reason behind the rising demands for sewing machines.
Coming to the type of sewing machines they demand, this is entirely influenced by the material to be stitched, level of operations, workforce deployment, etc, and thus, the process and output vary speed and accuracy.
2. The era of automation
With the coming up of new automatic, AI-based technologies, industries have channeled huge investments for becoming automated. The sewing machine manufacturers, by embedding modern technologies into their machines could automation in sewing and stitching too.
Manufacturers are much inclined towards integrating the existing sewing technologies with intelligent technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT), big data, etc, which would enhance the efficiency, accuracy, and speed of the process.
3. Designing as a career option
Fashion designing and tailoring are now seen as a wholesome career alternative, which is directly affecting the demand for professional sewing machines. Schools and colleges require sewing machines for coping up with the curriculum and practical applications and thus, this has become a major contributor to the increasing demand for the best sewing machines in India.
4. Industrial growth in the Asia-Pacific Region
The Asia-Pacific region (especially India and China) is witnessing a whooping industrial growth rate, many of which are regular demanders of high-end sewing machines. The prime reason behind the inclination towards top sewing machines in India is their ability to save time, cost, energy, and complexity.
And thus, we always witness cut-throat competition among the brands for the best tailoring machines in India.
Best Sewing Machine in India – Buying Guide
If you are a newbie to the world of stitching and sewing or are someone who is looking forward to making a shining bright career in sewing and designing, the best manual sewing machine in India is what can genuinely influence your career. Resorting to the top sewing machine brands in India may broaden your avenues in the field of designing by simplifying and speeding up your work.
If you’re a professional or have some experience in home-based tailoring, you may be longing for switching to a more advanced sewing machine with better stitching speed and newer stitching patterns. Whatever the reasons might be, buying a new sewing machine can be confusing.
A buyer needs to look at several attributes that determine your overall experience with the sewing machine. Here is a comprehensive guide that will help you choose the ideal sewing machine for you.
Stitching capabilities are definitely the most significant factors that decide if you should buy the sewing machine or not as sewing majorly revolves around the stitching. It’s always advised not to get tempted by the number of stitches offered by a sewing machine in a minute. Instead, look for the stitch patterns that you’ll use the most.
If you’re a beginner and don’t know much about advanced stitching patterns, looking for the straight and zigzag stitch is all you need to do (and almost every sewing machine can achieve these stitches). On the other hand, if you have some experience in sewing, you may look for some other stitching patterns as well.
The following are the stitching patterns that a user majorly uses.
- Straight stitch: can be adjusted between 0 to 5 mm for varying purposes
- Zigzag stitch: adjustments in stitch length and width
- Knit stitch: ideal for stretch fabrics
- Buttonhole stitch: automated zigzag stitch
- Utility stitches: for securing the seam
- Blind hem stitch: for creating invisible stitches on pants and skirts
And unquestionably, the correct use of these stitches may bring out the most compelling piece.
Your budget will determine the range of sewing machines available to you. The best sewing machines in India with a price below Rs.2000 (like Qualimate sewing machine) may also be loaded with some of the most useful features and thus, a lower price doesn’t indicate inferiority.
If you are a beginner, you may not be willing to spend much on a sewing machine. Still, there are so many sewing machines that offer compelling features and thus, you need not worry about the range of sewing machines available to you. But at the end, which sewing machine you choose is what matters the most.
But a buyer needs to be careful while buying a low-priced sewing machine as manufacturers generally compromise on build quality for cutting cost. These sewing machines maybe build out of plastic, which may reduce the lifespan of the machine. And if any of its components break, chances are you won’t be able to find a spare part.
A buyer may get use add-on features as he/she moves to premium sewing machines. Though these machines demand a higher price, still the features offered are worth that price. Some of the most useful features that you can get in a sewing machine are as follows:
- Automatic needle threader: premium sewing machines offer automatic needle threaders, while affordable machines have semi-automatic ones.
- Speed control: you may find multi-speed functioning in premium sewing machines
- Needle position adjustment: for stopping needle in the up or down position for turning the fabric easily
- Focus lamp: for working in dim-light conditions
- Automatic thread cutter: you may find an automatic or push-button thread cutter
- Free arm: for slipping narrow cloth pieces under the needle
- Knee lifter: for lifting presser foot while holding the cloth
You may find the following attachments in your sewing machine:
- Walking foot
- 1/4th foot
- Spring action foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Overcast stitching foot
The warranty period will help you get security in case a component of your sewing machine breaks down and thus, a buyer should always consider the warranty period before buying a sewing machine.
Best Sewing Machines in India Reviews
Since many factors influence the demand for professional and portable sewing machines in India, the top sewing machine manufacturers are always engaged in a tough competition to sync with the increasing demand for top sewing machines in India.
As a consequence, you may find a huge variety of stunning sewing machines in the market and undoubtedly, you may end up getting confused regarding which sewing machine would suit your requirements the best. Thus, to simplify things for the buyers, here are some best sewing machines for home use as well as professionals that will help you get the best product for you.
Ruling the Indian sewing machine markets for ages, Usha sewing machines are genuinely the best sewing machine in India for home use. The sewing machine can encapsulate all your sewing and stitching-related tasks, including stitching buttons on dresses, coats. Usha’s sewing technologies offer the most promising output through customizable sewing options, making it the best sewing machine one can bring to his home.
- Auto-tripping bobbin has been designed to ensure proper winding of the thread before you begin sewing.
- Usha promises you sheer extravagance through 7 built-in stitches along with 14 different applications.
- The product comes with a sewing light so that the user can sew seamlessly.
- The sewing machine is among the most lightweight machines in the market, making it the best portable sewing machine in India. The manufacturer has also added a handle so that the user can carry it anywhere.
- Usha’s thread tension control technology prevents the thread from breaking while the user is sewing.
- The sewing machine works at a speed of 550 SPM for quick and easy stitching.
- Free sewing kit worth Rs.500
- It is designed with Usha’s trust and 2 years of warranty.
Qualimate is a one-stop destination for those who are looking for good yet cheap sewing machines. The super-compact sewing machine enables the user to work at any part of his/her home, which is yet another reason behind placing it among the best sewing machine in India.
- Qualimate’s sewing machine comes with customizable power supply options. You can choose between an adapter or batteries for the power supply. Besides, the user can also choose between buttons or push the pedal to start sewing.
- The product facilitates quick rewinding of bobbins through winding poles and thread spindles.
- Qualimate’s sewing technology is known for classic straight line sewing, which makes sewing aprons, purses, bags, etc. a doodle.
- The product drips out sheer elegance, which makes it an exceptional gift for your mother.
- The lamp embedded in the sewing machine makes it easier to work seamlessly under dim light conditions.
- The best sewing machine for beginners comes with two-speed control and double threads.
- The product weighs merely 930g so that you can carry and store it with convenience.
If you search for the best sewing machine in India with the price and the name Prisha sewing machine doesn’t pop up is near to impossible. Prisha sewing machines received a hearty welcome from sewing lunatics in India and abroad and the reason being its immense potential to design aristocratic pieces effortlessly and definitely, it is one of the best mini sewing machines in India.
- The best mini sewing machine in India comes with 12 built-in stitches along with 2-speed functioning, which makes it capable of seaming, hemming, and auto-wind effortlessly.
- Prisha embedded its renowned double thread and double speed technology so that the user can get a neater, finer, and firmer stitch. Besides, the manufacturer has also provided free-arm for sewing trousers and cuffs.
- The user can choose between two power options – AA batteries or a power adapter.
- Prisha has designed the most lightweight and portable sewing machine that can be stored in any corner of your house.
- The anti-slip bottom pads keep the machine balanced and firm while the user is sewing.
- The best sewing machine for beginners in India comes with an easy start/stop button.
- The product comes with a lighting lamp that helps the user sew even in low light.
- Other noticeable highlights include replaceable foot, reverse sewing, cut & sew over-locking, and much more.
- Usha’s sewing machine is so appealing that it can become a perfect gift for your mother.
If you’re scouting for a cheap sewing machine that doesn’t compromise with the quality of output, Appigo mini sewing machine is for you! The tabletop sewing machine has been among the most loved sewing machines, especially by those who long for a decent product without spending much.
- Appigo emphasized making sewing a doodle by facilitating operation through a foot pedal and thus, the user can focus on sewing by holding the cloth firmly with his hands and operating through the pedal.
- The sewing machine supports a power adapter as well as batteries (for convenient outdoor usage).
- Appigo has provided a built-in focus light for sewing in low light.
- The sewing machine also possesses a built-in thread cutter for quick and convenient cutting of thread.
- The product has decent dimensions and weight i.e. 18 x 5 x 12 cm, 1.35 kg for easy storage.
Here is another best sewing machine in India’s sober-looking electric sewing machine that will make the sewing process incredibly simple. The machine has been designed to cater to beginners or for those who use sewing machines in their homes. HNESS sewing machine is quite affordable and is definitely a worth-it option.
- HNESS sewing machine comes with multiple power options i.e. electric power adapter or AA batteries. Besides, the user can also choose between a button and a foot pedal for turning on the machine.
- The manufacturer has offered an easy, automated bobbin rewinding through a threaded spindle and winding pole.
- The product comes with a focus light and thread cutter for easy sewing under low light conditions.
- HNESS is efficient in classic, straight-line stitching, which gives out a heavy-duty stitch.
- The product is ideal for gifting purposes.
Known for its terrorizing presence among professional sewing machines, Usha Janome computerized machine is among the wish list of almost every professional. The 35-watt sewing machine works on fully automated, Japanese technology that creates a masterpiece every time you run it.
- The multi-faceted, automated sewing machine can be operated with simple start/stop and multi-functional buttons.
- The superior, 7mm stitches are known for extreme firmness so that you can get the strongest stitch.
- Usha has equipped its automated sewing machine with an informative backlit LCD panel that provides all the information that an operator needs (like power supply, etc)
- The panel is an abode to a set of buttons and a touchpad that will help you operate with ease and switch between the modes conveniently, including a speed control slider.
- Usha has also given an automatic thread cutter in this sewing machine.
- Design the most stunning pieces with Usha’s mirror imaging option that designs symmetric designs just with a click of a button.
- The extended table enables the user to operate the machine with incredible comfort.
- Other features include horizontal, full-rotary hook bobbin system; high foot lift, auto declutch bobbin winder, handy reverse button, manual thread tension control, and much more.
Kiwilon is another affordable yet the best sewing machine in India designed especially for those who are planning to make a career in sewing or are passionate about sewing. This minimalistic product is so compact that it can be stored in a closet or in any part of your home.
- Kiwilon sewing machine comes with a large extension table so that the user can sew easily by stabilizing the cloth and the machine. Besides, the machine also offers a cuff slot to sew pants and sleeves easily.
- To enhance comfort and focus, the manufacturer has given convenient foot pedal support.
- The machine facilitates easy bobbin rewinding through an in-built winding poll and spool assist.
- The user can easily between speeds with a dual-speed setup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which brand sewing machine is the best?
Here is a list of some of the best sewing machine brands that you can find in Indian markets.
- Usha Janome Dream Stitch Sewing Machine
- Qualimate Sewing Machine for Home Tailoring
- Prisha Electric Sewing Machine
- Appigo Mini Sewing Machine for Domestic Use
- HNESS Multi Electric Sewing Machine
- Usha Janome Dream Maker 120 35-Watt Computerized Sewing Machine
- Kiwilon Sewing Machine for Home Use
We have given the link to all these products in our review section.
Which is the best sewing machine for the price?
If you are looking for the best sewing machine in India for beginners, the Usha Janome Dream Stitching sewing machine is the best. The following are features that make it a value for money product.
- 7 built-in stitches and 14 applications
- Thread tension control
- Sewing lamp
- Auto-tripping bobbin
- Free sewing kit worth Rs.500
- 550 SPM speed
- 2 years warranty
On the other hand, if you’re scouting a professional sewing machine, Usha 35-watt computerized sewing machine is the best. The reasons are:
- Computerized sewing machine
- full-rotary hook bobbin system; high foot lift, auto declutch bobbin winder, handy reverse button, manual thread tension control
- 7mm stitching
- Informative backlit LCD panel
- Start/stop and multi-functional buttons
- Automated thread cutter
- Extended table
- Tough pad with speed control slider
- Mirror imaging option
Which is the best sewing machine for beginners?
If you are a beginner and are not willing to spend much on your first sewing machine, Qualimate Sewing Machine for Home Tailoring can be the ideal sewing machine for you. The following are the reasons why going for Qualimate will prove to be a profitable investment.
- Buttons and pedal
- Two power options to choose from
- Classic straight line sewing
- Speed control
- Winding poles and thread spindles
- Sewing lamp
- Double thread
The link to the product is given in the reviews section.
Which sewing machine do professionals use?
If you are a professional and planning to invest in a hefty sewing machine, then mini sewing machine Singer CG590 Commercial Grade Sewing Machine is the best option to go for. The sewing machine sews with a speed of 1100 stitches per minute along with 18 built-in stitching patterns. Other features include a drop feed system, free arm, four-step buttonhole, stainless steel bedplate, electronic foot control, and much more.
How do I choose a sewing machine?
A buyer should look for the following factors before choosing a sewing machine:
- Stitching capabilities
- Price range
- Advanced features
- Warranty period
What machine makes sewing faster and easier?
Features and attachments that assist in making sewing easier and faster are given below:
- Foot pedal
- Extension table
- Bobbin rewinding
What are the 7 types of sewing machines?
The following are the 7 types of sewing machines available in the market.
- Electronic mechanical sewing machine
- Mechanical treadle sewing machine
- Mini and portable machines
- Quilting machines
- Embroidery machine
- Serge machine
What is the difference between sewing machines?
Foot machines can differ in different attributes, which determines your experience with a sewing machine. Sewing machines can differ in:
- Foot pedal vs. start/stop button
- Electronic vs. manual sewing machines
- Speed of stitching
- Bobbin rewinding procedure