The best rice cooker in India is something everybody needs at all points in life. Where you live, what you do, and how you lead your life is an insignificant factor while buying a rice cooker since this is what everybody needs. Whichever place you are living in India, it is almost mandatory to eat rice every now and then and the best way to cook them is to make use of a rice cooker.
With rice being the staple diet of so many people in India, getting the right means to cook them becomes the most sort after requirement. Once you are able to get your hands on the perfect container to cook then in which has good durability, you wouldn’t have to worry for a long time. With these cookers coming in various sizes as well as types, you would have to make a tough choice between which one would you want to go for. With the technological advancements, there are better things happening in all domains such as the innovation of electric cooker. You can also choose between the best rice cooker in India and a stove cooker based on your requirements.
Best Rice Cooker in India – Buying Guide
In the modern world, once you decide on buying something your life gets further complicated than getting sorted. Your next job then is to keep looking around for the best piece available at the best price. To make this journey of buying the best rice cooker in India easy for you, we would take you through the main factors which you must consider while buying the best rice cooker in India followed by which to help you choose easy, we have also listed some of the best rice cookers.
Factors to look for while buying the best electrical rice cooker
- The capacity of the cooker: With the plethora of options available in the market, you must have an eye for the exact thing you are in need of. There are different electric cookers which come in different sizes. You must choose the right cooker for yourself depending on your family size. To go by the general norms, if you have a family of 5 to 6 members you must buy a 3 to 5 litre cooker.
- Check your usage: There are cookers which are very complex and at the same time offer varied cooking options. And, at the same time, there are other most basic cookers in which all you are ought to do is add rice and water and press on the cook button. This is the most simplified one-touch cooking which can make use of, however, if your requirements are complex you must go for a complex cooker too.
- Delay start features: The modern cookers are equipped with this feature which is really helpful. You can fix a time at which you want the rice or any other dish to start cooking followed by which the cooker turns on to cook the meal for you. In addition to this, you can also see the time left for your rice to finish cooking.
- Cooking mechanism: The cookers make use of two different mechanisms which are either thermal cooking or heat induction. If you are to compare these two cooking styles, we would recommend heat cooking as a better medium since it allows you to cook perfect cooked rice each and every time without fail.
- Automatic function to keep the food warm: If the cooker you are buying is equipped with this feature then this would be the exact thing you would want since this ensures that you can get perfectly warm rice or any other dishes whenever you want.
- Detachable power cord: If you want your cooker to be more mobile so that you can store it easily, this is a feature you wouldn’t want to miss. If the cooker has a detachable power cord, you would be able to remove it and keep it somewhere inside without having to move the entire long power cord behind.
- Cool and serve design: If your cooker looks good enough to be carried everywhere or to be put directly on the dining table, what else would you want as a blessing. If this features counts for you, then you must go for a cool and serve design so as to carry the cooker with the rice warm in it wherever you want.
- Easy to clean: Any vessel that you are using for cooking needs to be clean and tidy for the next use. You must try to look for a cooker which has a non-stick inside so that you can clean it easily after every next use with a sponge, some detergent, and water.
- Outer design: Ensuring that the inside of your cooker is non-stick, you still can’t forget the outside of the cooker. You must make sure that the outer design of the best rice cooker in India is so that it stays cold and has a cold handle. With this, you must also look for transparency at the top of the cooker so that you are able to see what exactly is happening to the rice you have put inside the cooker. Along with all this, If you wish to carry the cooker around with you to place it on the dining table then you must also purchase a decent looking cooker for yourself.
- Warranty: Since you are buying an electronic item, you would have to have an eye on the warranty. If the cooker has a good warranty span you would not have any worries about the functioning. Along with this, having a good warranty period would also assure you of the quality of the cooker you are buying.
All these features kept in mind, you would obviously make a good buying decision. You would not be defeated in the process and would have something you would be aware of rather than buying something which other people are recommending or just because it is a hep in the market.
Having studied these basic features, now we would take you through a list of the best rice cooker in India which are available in the market to help you pick one up with ease. After having a look at this list, you wouldn’t have to worry about a single thing, just go and order the best one for yourself.
List of best rice cooker in India
One of the best companies you should lay your eyes on while buying a cooker is Prestige which gives you the best quality products. This rice cooker comes along with two cooking pans of aluminium to make you fall in love with cooking making it all the easier for you.
These are some features of this rice cooker:
- The cooker is stylish and can be taken anywhere you go.
- It can be used to cook items other than rice such as soup, porridge, idlis, pulao, and stews.
- It is a healthy cooking option that makes use of steam
- The cooker has a sturdy body along with a close fit lid made of stainless steel
- There is a cool-touch handle attached to the cooker to make cooking convenient as well as fast
- With a good cooking capacity, it permits you to cook around 1 kg of rice at once
- It comes with two cooking pans made of aluminium
- It has different modes such as warm as well as a speed cooking
- It comes with a detachable power cord
This unique Prestige cooker makes it to Amazon’s choice because of its excellent features as well as quality. This 1kg rice cooker allows you to cook a whole menu as well as boil vegetables without any hassle.
The unique features of this cooker are:
- The cooker comes with a durable body to keep it safe from any dents or damage thereby providing longevity
- The control panel of the cooker has a warm feature which keeps warm the rice you have cooked for up to 4 hours
- The cooker has both cook and warm options
- This automatic rice cooker comes with a cool handle to allow you to carry it with ease even when the food inside is hot
- The detachable power cord of the cooker allows you to carry it around with ease, allowing you to both cooks as well as serve in it
- You can cook vegetable stew, soup, porridge, idlis, and pulao with this rice cooker
- The capacity of the cooker allows you to cook 400 grams at once
- It comes with a close fit lid made of stainless steel
- The electric cooker top has a steam vent which allows steam to escape without lathering or overflowing rice
This 1-litre Prestige cooker can be used to cook various things other than rice in the best quality manner. With this elegant looking cooker you can prepare instant noodles, boil eggs, cook rice, instant coffee, or tea, and brew soup with the precise settings in very little time.
Some features of this cooker are:
- The cooker has an elegant locking with a one-touch locking system to provide ease
- The glass lid of the cooker allows you to look from the top and know the exact state of the food inside
- The concealed element of the cooker allows you to clean the cooker in a safe way
- This electronic rice cooker comes with temperature control so that you can choose the temperature level as per the food to be cooked
- There is a power indicator which makes you aware that the cooker is turned on
- Swivel power base allows you to position the jug the way you like as per your convenience
- The appliance is detachable and comes with a cord winder
Panasonic happens to be another excellent company that you must definitely check out while buying an electrical cooker. This cooker makes it to the amazons choice because of its excellent quality as well as the varied features it provides. You can cook various rice delicacies like vegetable pulao, lemon rice as well as plain steamed rice. The cooker comes with a power cut option which turns off the cooker after 20 minutes automatically when your rice is ready to be served.
Some features of this cooker are:
- This 1-litre rice cooker which is one of the best rice cookers can cook about 0.6 kg of rice at a time
- The automatic power cut feature of the cooker makes it unique which also helps you save power
- The cooker comes with an excellent design and can be kept on the dining table
- You also get high quality anodized aluminium cooking pan, cooking plate, measuring cup, and one scoop with this rice cooker
This electric rice cooker helps you to cook to perfection and cook a variety of food options including cakes, oatmeal, soups as well as Maggi. This small electric rice cooker is almost a 2kg rice cooker which can be considered one of the best mini rice cooker for travelling India.
Some of the unique features of the rice cooker are:
- The anodised aluminium bowl which comes along with the cooker ensures a uniform heat distribution to help boil the rice to perfection
- The cooker has a stainless steel lid with a steam vent to avoid lathering or overflowing
- The cooker has heat resistance handles which makes it extremely easy to carry the cooker around even while the food inside is extremely hot
- The cooker comes with an LED indicator which makes you aware of the cooker is on and at the same time turns off automatically telling you that the rice has been boiled
- The warm function of this appliance helps you to warm the already cooked rice
- There is a cut off feature which turns off the cooker after a prolonged period of inactivity making it safe to use
If you are looking for a 5-litre electric best rice cooker in India, then this cooker from Panasonic would be the perfect choice you would make. This 5-litre rice cooker makes it to amazon’s choice due to its sturdy design and elegant look combined with its exemplary features.
Some amazing features of this cooker are:
- Anodized aluminium pan present makes the heat to be supplied equally
- The cooker ensures automatic cooking
- It keeps the food warm for about 5 hours
- The cooker comes along with a cooking plate
- The keep-warm function allows you to re-heat the food that you have already prepared
- This cooker is a ROHS compliant product making it safe
- The cooker has an extraordinarily elegant look which would add beauty to your kitchen
- It comes with a stainless solid lid
- The cooker has an extremely convenient lid as well as handles
- The cut off feature adds safety to the product
This Bajaj cooker has the capacity to cook 1 kg of raw rice without any hassle and supervision required. The rice is ready for consumption immediately after you take it out of the cooker.
The unique features of this cooker like that of other small rice cookers are:
- The aluminium cooking bowl with anodized finish gives the cooker durability as well as makes it corrosion-free.
- This cooker has cool handles to ensure that you are able to carry the cooker around with ease
- The stainless lid of the cooker ensures that the rice in the cooker does not overflow while being cooked
- The detachable power cord of the rice cooker makes it extremely handy to store and take around
Pigeon’s wide scope of present-day kitchen machines is made to make your kitchen look very different. Being an innovator in kitchen appliances in the Indian markets, this brand has the endeavor to make each of its items meet the growing needs of the buyers.Features
The warming plate spreads uniform warming to the aluminum pots for viable cooking in less time. This feature makes the process of rice cooking easier and hassle-free.
This electric rice cooker comes with a great tempered steel cover. The top is furnished with a steam vent.
The advantageous cool-contact handles make it simple to carry the rice cooker, they are solid and strong. Also, these handles prevent you from getting burnt and make your rice cooking process very safe.
This comes along with one extra cooking pot for your cooking comfort and the container can be fixed and put in the cooker.
These are the different rice cookers ranging from small electric cookers to large electric rice cooker in India which provides you with all the uses of electric cooker. Your quest for the best rice cooker in India would surely come to an end after having gone through these various options which have been listed here. All you have to do now is to assess your needs and go buy the perfect one for you in accordance with the rice cooker price.
Buying a durable rice cooker once would take you away from all worries for a long time with the best cooking equipment at your home. At the same time, deciding wisely, you would be able to get your hands on a cooker which would also aid you in cooking other rice items as well as the basic items such as Maggi.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best rice cooker in India?
There is no clear demarcation of the best rice cooker in India. You must take a note of your needs and study a little about the factors to consider. Followed by this, you can check the above listed best rice cookers in India to get a fairer idea and choose one for yourself.
Which is the best brand for a rice cooker?
You can check Panasonic and Prestige which are clearly the best rice cooker in India when considering to buy an electrical rice cooker. Along with these, you can also check Bajaj as well as Orient which also provide excellent quality products.
How do I choose a rice cooker?
There are many factors that one must consider while choosing a rice cooker. The first thing to look for is the size which would be apt for your family. Along with this, you must also consider factors like automatic cooking, warm function, temperature controller, easy to clean cookers, steam vent, detachable cord, and some other features. All these features have been explained in detail in the above article for your convenience. Lastly, you must also consider the design and elegance of the best rice cooker in India. if you are planning to both cooks as well as serve in the same appliance.
Is electric rice cooker healthy?
Yes, an electric rice cooker is healthy as well as easy to use. There are cookers such as that of Prestige which make use of steam to cook which makes the food extremely healthy for the consumer. The cookers are generally made in a way to equip them with interiors that do not harm the food being cooked in it at all. You can entirely depend on electric cookers without having to worry about the health factor since this worry has been taken care of in the new best rice cooker in India. Get yourself an electric cooker and cook with ease.
Can rice cooker cook chicken?
Yes, you can cook meat or chicken in a rice cooker.
When to clean the rice cooker?
You need to clean the rice cooker after every use to prevent staining and removing stuck pieces inside the cooker.
what can a rice cooker cook?
You can cook many things apart from rice like baking cake, boiling eggs, etc.
Which rice cooker should I buy?
There are various electric rice cookers available in the market. You need to consider certain factors like quantity, material, etc. before buying your best rice cooker.