A kitchen is almost analogous to a laboratory. It is an essential part of a home. A kitchen is a place where experimentation with various raw ingredients, yields an awe-inspiring product, cooked food. As with any essential laboratory, a kitchen would be incomplete without the equipment used in it. This may be pressure cookers, vessels, a stovetop, groceries, and spices, all essential to the functioning of a kitchen.
As we ponder upon the basic equipment a kitchen needs, one outshines the rest, the humble best mixer grinder in India. The mixer grinder is a uniquely Indian kitchen implement. While similar designs exist in the west, known as blenders and food processors, none display the same amount of versatility as the best mixer grinders in India.
Popularly known as the “mixie”, mixer grinders are used for various purposes in the Indian kitchen. They are used to make vegetable purees to be used in cooking. They are also used to blend milk into various milkshakes and smoothies. The mixie can also be seen in use for grinding spices and herbs, an essential part of Indian cooking.
Best Mixer Grinder In India – Buying Guide
When purchasing something as quintessential and important to the Indian kitchen experience as the mixer grinder, it is important to choose the right product for your needs. Let us discuss a few factors you should keep in mind when choosing the best mixer grinder in India.
Factors To Take Into Consideration
Wattage: When looking for the best mixer grinder in India it is very important to check the wattage it pulls. Wattage refers to the amount of electrical power that an appliance uses or draws from the main supply. In the case of the best mixer grinder in India, the wattage is drawn by the motor that spins the blades. This motor is essentially the heart of the mixer grinder.
The reason why wattage is an important parameter for you to consider is that it tells you how much torque the mixer grinder can rotate with. A motor with lower wattage cannot grind as effectively as one with a higher wattage. It is generally recommended that you choose a mixer grinder with a wattage between 500w and 750w.
For grinding items such as masalas, turmeric, or idly batter, it is important to choose a mixer grinder that draws 750w. However, you need to keep in mind that a device with a higher wattage rating will consume more electricity.
Attachments: We have discussed the wattage a good mixer grinder should have. But the wattage is only a measure of how powerful the internal motor is. Without sturdy and efficient attachments, even the strongest motor will not give you a satisfactory result.
The attachments in a mixer grinder are usually containers of varying sizes with different blades attached to the bottom. These blades connect to the internal motor with a shaft, which spins them. Each attachment is specially designed to tackle a different grinding task.
The best mixer grinders in India come with at least 3 different attachments. Each attachment comes with a different blade and different lids. The most common combinations are a chutney jar, a dry jar, and a liquid jar.
Cooling Element: As we mentioned in the first section, the key component of a mixer grinder is the motor. These motors are incredibly powerful, drawing up to 750w of current, they spin at high speeds.
These high speeds can go up to 30,000 RPM (revolutions per minute). With such high speeds, it is expected that a significant amount of heat will be generated. This heat is generated in both, the motor casing as well as the containers. It is important to pick the best mixer grinder in India that is unaffected by this heat.
A mixer grinder without an efficient cooling system to protect against the heat is likely to get damaged and stop working soon.
Spinning Modes: The best mixer grinders in India come with the varying speeds that they spin at. The mixer grinder you choose for your kitchen should at least have three different spin speeds.
Different spin speeds are crucial in any good mixer grinder. They allow the user to get different consistencies with the grinding. Also, different items have different speeds they should be ground at. If you want a coarse grind, you should try a lower speed. Whereas for a fine, powdery grind, you should select the high spin speed.
Warranty: A mixer grinder is a long-term investment. Despite not being as expensive as some other kitchen appliances like microwaves and fridges, they are a utility that lasts long. A mixer grinder is something that you as a user, get used to, and once you do, it is hard to convince yourself to pick out a different one.
The best mixer grinders in India come with comprehensive warranty plans. These range from anywhere between one year and the lifetime of the product. As a consumer, it is important to pick out a product that offers a long and comprehensive warranty upon purchase. Most mixer grinders do not need repair or replacement during their lifetimes. However, with a robust warranty, if your unit turns out defective, you have a hassle-free replacement at hand.
Best Mixer Grinder in India Reviews
Now that you are well versed in the factors to keep in mind while looking for the best mixer grinder in India, let us look at a few products which will fit your needs.
This multipurpose mixer grinder made by Butterfly is an all in one solution to all your blending needs. With a slick design made from modern materials like ABS and high-grade stainless steel, the Jet Elite is a durable, yet affordable mixer grinder. The Butterfly Jet Elite comes fitted with a powerful 750-watt motor which makes short work of even the toughest ingredients. With 3 available speed settings, this mixer grinder can be used to grind anything from chutneys to dry spices.
- Powerful 750-watt, 3 speed motor with auto switch off in case of overheating. This feature protects the motor in case of excessive heat generation.
- Comes with a juicer jar, chutney jar, dry jar, liquid jar, and a spatula for versatile usability.
- The jars come equipped with an elegant handle for a firm grip and break-proof lids.
- This mixer grinder has exceptional build quality and comes with a 2-year warranty.
This design, brought to you by Bajaj comes in an elegant plastic housing with 3 different jars made from stainless steel. The internal motor is rated at 500 watts and comes with overload protection and an automatic shut off switch. The motor has a three-speed setting that can handle any task you throw at it. Each jar comes equipped with high-quality blades that can grind wet or dry ingredients with ease.
- 500-watt motor that saves power and is padded for noise reduction.
- The GX-1 Mixer Grinder comes equipped with 3 stainless steel jars. A liquid jar (1.2 L), a dry jar (0.8 L), and a chutney jar (0.3 L).
- The mixer grinder has vacuum pads at the base of the appliance which will grip the kitchen counter and prevent slipping while in use.
- Comes with 3 different speed settings so that you can choose the intensity of grind according to your needs.
This mixer grinder offered by Lifelong can be an efficient and durable addition to your home’s kitchen. With a powerful 500-watt motor that has three-speed settings, it can tackle a range of grinding tasks. The Power-Pro comes with 3 different sized jars that can be easily swapped. With each jar, you get high quality attached blades made from stainless steel. The jars also come with sturdy jar lids with rubber gaskets to prevent spillage while in use.
- 500-watt motor with 3 different speed settings. This motor ensures that you can grind any ingredient you put in and saves power while doing so.
- Comes with anti-skid vacuum feet pads that prevent the mixer grinder from slipping while in use.
- This mixer grinder comes with 3 different stainless steel jars that are durable and rust-resistant.
- The attachable jars come with easy-grip handles that ensure you can easily lift them without the risk of slipping.
- Comes with an overload protection switch that protects the motor from voltage fluctuations and overheating.
This best mixer grinder in India from Butterfly is a must-have for any aesthetic kitchen. With an elegant design and a stylish black body, the Smart Mixer Grinder adds a sleek finishing touch to your home. Fitted with a powerful 750-watt motor, this mixer grinder can tackle any food item you put in it, whether wet or dry. The motor comes with 3-speed settings and a unique “whip” feature, which allows you to run the mixer grinder at the highest speed in a moment’s notice. With hard stainless-steel blades, you can precisely grind, cut, chop, or blend any ingredient you want, reducing the preparation time for dishes in the kitchen.
- The Butterfly Smart Mixer Grinder comes with 4 stainless steel, rust-free jars for the different grinding needs you may have. Each jar is equipped with a sealed transparent lid, so you can see the grinding action.
- Comes with a centrifugal juicer jar. This juicer jar is excellent for juicing anything from fruits to vegetables. This jar comes with a ‘pusher’ feature that allows you to extract every drop of juice, ensuring zero wastage.
- The jars come with a strong sturdy handle that ensures a strong grip even with heavy content.
- The best mixer grinder in India, the body comes with vacuum rubber shoes that grip the kitchen counter, prevent the mixer grinder from slipping during use.
- Comes with an automatic cut-off feature that protects the device against overloading, voltage fluctuations, and overheating.
This mixer grinder from Prestige is sure to grab your eye. With a built-in, heavy-duty 750-watt motor, the Iris can grind even the toughest items with relative ease. Paired with 3 different jars and a centrifugal juicer, this best mixer grinder in India is fit to suit all your kitchen needs, from grinding and blending to juicing. The blades that come equipped with each jar are multifunctional and are designed to cut and mix at the same time.
- The Prestige Iris Mixer Grinder comes with 3 differently sized jars and a juicer. Each jar is equipped with a safety lock mechanism. This ensures that the motor will not run until the jar is securely in place.
- The stainless-steel jars are rust-resistant and come with gripping handles to ensure easy operation.
- Powerful 750-watt motor designed to run at 230 volts of current. This motor will grind everything from hard turmeric to dry rice.
- This product comes with a 2-year warranty to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
The Havells Stilus is your one-stop destination for all your juicing, mixing, and grinding needs! The 500-watt motor is housed in a unique, attractive polycarbonate casing that is easy to clean and quick to operate. The Stylus places a heavy focus on its juicing function with a feeder tube. This makes juicing more convenient as you can put vegetables and fruits without cutting them first.
- Stainless steel mixers and blades that are food safe, incredibly durable, and can effectively grind any ingredient placed in them.
- Comes with a transparent juice serving jar that lets you monitor the level of juice that is extracted. This makes the juicing functional as well as appealing to the eye.
- Comes with a three-speed regulator with an LED indicator for easy operation.
- Comes with 3 different jars, a chutney jar, a blender jar, and a multipurpose jar.
- Features an overload protector that prevents damage due to fluctuations, voltage overloads, and overheating
The Bajaj Rex follows the quintessential mixer grinder design to perfection. The 500-watt motor comes with 3-speed settings and is easy to use. The rust-free body ensures longevity and durability. The body of the mixer grinder also comes with grip pads at the base, ensuring safe and sturdy operation.
- Comes with an efficient and powerful 500-watt motor that saves power and grinds well.
- The Rex comes with 3 different jars, a dry jar (0.88 L), a liquid jar (1.25 L), and a chutney jar (0.3 L), making it highly versatile.
- The jars are equipped with multifunction stainless-steel blades that make it easy to grind items with different textures.
- Each jar comes with a rubber sealed lid that prevents spillage during use and has grip handles to ensure that the jars do not slip from your hands.
We hope that the above guide helps you choose the best mixer grinder in India. The best mixer grinder in India is an essential component in any modern kitchen. They help reduce the time taken to prepare dishes and ensure consistency in your cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my mixer grinder be used as a juicer?
Yes and no, the best mixer grinders in India are designed to pulverize and grind items. For fruits such as mango, pineapple, apple, etc., a mixer grinder is enough to extract the juice. However, for fruits such as oranges and mausambi, you will require a special juicer attachment to efficiently extract the juice.
Can mixer grinders be used to make milkshakes?
Yes, mixer grinders can be used to make delicious milkshakes and smoothies at home. You will have to use the large liquid jars for this purpose. The liquid jars come equipped with a blade designed for blending and mixing ingredients.
How does a mixer grinder work?
Mixer grinders are extremely simple to use implements. The first component is a motor that is housed inside the main body of the mixer grinder. The second component is the jars which come with blades attached to the bottom. When you fix a jar to the body of the mixer grinder, the motor spins the blades to blend, grind or mix whatever you put inside the jars.
Can a mixer grinder chop vegetables?
No, mixer grinders are not effective tools for chopping vegetables. They are great for making purees and fine pastes from vegetables though.
We review a lot of products available in the Indian market. We also blog to provide you insight on various topics. If you wish to check them out then click here.