Whether you are an office worker, a college student, a factory worker or a school student, the 21st century has really brought forth an era where time is scare. Dividing our day into our daily responsibilities, recreation, socializing and personal upkeep is hard. One of the aspects of our lives which have taken a toll in this regard are our food habits.
With decreasing time and increasing responsibilities, many of us experiment with turning to food from restaurants or vendors to take care of our hunger. While in the short run, outside food does solve many of our problems while saving time, the detriments can certainly be felt over time. Food made in restaurants is laden with oil, has excess salt and is often not fresh. These factors have the unintended consequence of harming your bodily well-being
An easy solution to these problems is sticking to healthy, homecooked food. With food that is cooked in the home kitchen, you get to determine what ingredients are used, along with the health profile of the food. To carry this precious home cooked food, you would require a lunch box that keeps your food healthy, safely contained and preferably hot.
In this list, we shall explore the best lunch boxes in India to help you consume wholesome, healthy home cooked food, wherever you desire. But before you go onto your favorite shopping website and purchase a lunch box, here are some factors that will help you choose the best lunch box for you.
Factors To Consider
- Variety and sizes of containers: This is an important factor to consider. The best lunch boxes in India generally have a few different containers of different sizes. You should aim to choose a lunch box which has a few different options of containers available.
Having more than one container let you carry a few different items as a part of your meal. Not only does this make your meal more balanced in terms of nutrients; it also neatly organizes your food, preventing spillage.
Along with the diversity of containers, you must also pay heed to the size of each container available. Along with looking for a lunch box which has an adequate number of containers, you must ensure that these containers have a capacity that fits your dietary needs.
- Materials Used: The materials used in the construction of a product are important, however, they take on a higher level of importance when the product is used to contain food.
Since lunch boxes are supposed to contain food that is often hot and do so for long periods of time, it is very important that you pick a lunch box that is made from the right materials. You should always choose lunch boxes that are rated to be food safe. Food safe materials are those which are unreactive and do not leach any harmful chemicals into the food.
The best lunch boxes in India are made from food grade plastic or from metals. If you choose to go for a lunch box made from plastic, you should ensure that it is food safe and is built in a way where it would not deform when hot food is put in it.
Lunch boxes with metal linings or full metal bodies are much sturdier. However, not all metals are created equal. You should avoid aluminum as it often reacts with acidic foodstuff. Instead, you should choose lunch boxes made from stainless steel, which is lightweight, durable and food safe.
- Portability: When choosing a lunch box, it is ideal to choose one that is highly portable. Most working professionals and students have to travel to get to their institutions. Having a lunch box that easily fits into your carry bag or comes with a carrying case of its own helps make transport easier.
In addition to the practical aspect of having a portable lunch box, a carrying case that is ergonomic and easy to carry is also a style statement. The best lunch box would be one that is easy to carry around and makes the owner look good and stylish.
- Thermal Properties: The thermal properties of a lunch box should be high up on your priority list while deciding on your purchase. If you are someone who enjoys piping hot meals then you may want to invest in a lunch box with plastic containers, which are safe to be microwaved.
If you are someone who does not have access to a microwave, but still like hot food, a lunch box that is insulated may be the answer to your problems. Further still, if you do not mind the temperature of your food, and just want a solid, durable lunch box, metal containers will serve you adequately.
These are the factors you need to consider while choosing the best lunch box for you. Now, let us look over some of the best lunch boxes in India available for purchase.
Milton produces some of the best lunch boxes in India. They bring this Executive Lunch Box as a perfect solution for those looking to carry home cooked food to their workplaces. The set has three containers, two round and one oval. Each of these containers come with individual spill-proof lids, which lets you carry liquid items like dal without fear of spillage. The set also comes with a fork and a spoon made from durable hard plastic.
All of this is housed in an attractive and durable carrying bag that ensures maximum portability.
- The Milton Executive Lunch Box comes with three containers. Two round stainless-steel containers (280 ml each) and one oval-shaped plastic container (500 ml) that is microwave safe.
- Each container sports a plastic lid which seals effectively, preventing any spillage.
- The lunch box also comes with a fork and a spoon which are made from high quality, durable hard plastic.
- Everything is neatly housed in a durable carrying case that ensures portability and longevity of this lunch box.
Signoraware is a market leader when it comes to kitchen utensils and containers. They bring their fabulous design philosophy to their range of lunch boxes. The Signoraware Best Steel Lunch Box comes with three steel containers for food along with a steel tumbler for storing liquids, hot and cold alike. The containers all come with plastic spill-proof lids that ensure carefree transport. Everything comes housed in an ergonomic carrying case.
- The package consists of three steel food containers (500 ml, 350 ml and 200 ml). It also has a 370 ml steel tumbler for carrying liquids with a plastic lid.
- All the containers are dishwasher safe and can be placed in a freezer, making this lunch box compatible with modern kitchens.
- All the containers can be carried in the insulated carrying case. This case not only helps you transport the lunch boxes, but also keeps food warm with its thermal insulation.
- Signoraware offers a 1-year warranty on the product for sustained customer satisfaction.
This entry from Signoraware is ideal for office executives and students alike. The lunch box consists of a compact tiffin along with containers for a number of side dishes. All the containers are made from food grade, polypropylene plastic that does not react with food. Moreover, the plastic construction makes this lunch box safe for microwaving and for use in a dishwasher.
All of this comes housed in a portable carrying case which neatly organizes the lunch box and insulates it, keeping it warm for several hours.
- The package contains one slim tiffin box (850 ml) along with two smaller 100 ml containers for storage of side dishes and condiments.
- The virgin plastic containers are microwave safe, allowing you to heat your food before consumption.
- Each container is armed with a spill-proof lid, allowing for hassle free transport.
- The containers are easy to clean via hand washing or via a dishwasher, ensuring longevity of the lunch box.
- All the containers are housed in a sleek carrying case with thermal insulation that keeps your food warm for hours.
Cello is a brand that is known to bring internationally renowned concepts in kitchen and food technology to the Indian market. With their Max Fresh Lunch Box Set, they have a product that is made from quality materials and is presented in a gorgeous package.
This lunch box set comes with four different containers, three made from food-grade stainless-steel and one made from high quality plastic. Each container has a silicone seal on their lids to prevent any leaks or spillage.
- 4 Containers, 3 made from durable, food-grade stainless-steel and one made from high quality plastic. The plastic container is microwave safe.
- Each container comes with a four-side lockable lid that has silicone seals to lock in the freshness and prevent spillage.
- This comprehensive lunch box set comes with a fork and spoon to make the package complete.
- Everything is housed in an attractive lunch carrier which is made from soft fabric. This ensures that it has a light weight and can be easily cleaned.
This second entry from Milton is an extremely portable and discreet lunchbox that is ideal for students and even office goers. The lunch box features three containers, one oval and two round that are housed in a thermally insulated carrier. The case helps keep the food fresh and warm for long periods of time, making it perfect for long school or workdays. Each container has a spill proof lid and is microwave and dishwasher safe.
- The set contains two round lunch boxes which are 280 ml in volume and one oval lunch box whch is 420 ml in volume.
- The containers are made from high-grade plastic, making them safe for use in microwaves, freezers and dishwashers.
- Each container comes equipped with an airtight lid, making them spill proof.
- The Double Decker Lunch Box Set also comes with a fork and a spoon.
- Everything is neatly packaged in a thermally insulated carrying case, keeping the food warm for hours. The case comes in attractive colors and has a sling strap for easy carrying.
This lunch box set from Signoraware is bound to make lunch hour lively! Designed for those looking to have a heavy, balanced meal while on the go. The Executive Lunch Box Set comes with four generously sized containers, each made with durable, food-grade stainless-steel and sealed with an airtight lid.
- The set contains four lunch boxes, two 350 ml containers, one 200 ml container and one 500 ml container. They are all made with food-grade, non-cracking stainless-steel.
- All the containers have spill proof lids to prevent any leakage, allowing you to even carry liquids with peace of mind.
- Comes housed in a cylindrical carrying case which is insulated to keep food warm for several hours. The case is ergonomically designed to fit into briefcases, schoolbags, etc.
Another entry from the Milton brand. This lunch box set is ideal for those looking for a light-weight package that can contain all their food. Made from high-quality, food-grade plastic, this set has four containers. Three of them are containers for food, which can be microwaved, and the last one is a plastic container for liquids such as soup, coffee or cold drinks.
- Set contains a total of four containers, three for food and one for fluids. The containers are made from plastic and are safe for use in microwaves, dishwashers and freezers.
- Each container is equipped with sturdy, spill-proofs lids that prevent any leakage.
- The set comes with a fork and a spoon for easy consumption on the go.
- The set comes neatly arranged in a soft, insulated carrying case that is both functional and appealing to the eye.
With our daily lives getting faster paced and hectic, it can be hard to focus on personal wellbeing and health. We hope that this list of the best lunch boxes in India will help you choose the best lunch box for you and help you consume healthy and delicious home cooked meals no matter where you are.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will lunch boxes keep my food warm?
Yes, most lunch box sets come with an insulated carrying case that helps keep the food inside warm for several hours.
- Can I microwave my lunch box set?
This would depend on what the lunch box containers are made of. If they are made from plastic, then they are completely safe for use in a microwave, however, if you have metal containers, you will not be able to microwave them.
- Will the lunch box leak if stored improperly?
No, all the lunch boxes mentioned in this list come equipped with spill proof lids that will prevent any leakage.
- Can I put hot food directly in the lunch box?
Yes, the best lunch boxes in India are all made from food-grade materials that do not react to heat. It is safe to put piping hot food into them.