Microwave convection oven technology is gaining a lot of popularity in India. It provides you with ease while cooking and expands the list of dishes you can prepare. It has a lot of other advantages above a standard microwave oven. With so many models available in the market, you might face a problem while picking one for yourself. In this article, we will tell you how to choose the best convection microwave oven in India. We will also provide you with complete knowledge of the microwave-oven technology and how to use it effectively.
A convection microwave oven is an extra addition on a standard microwave oven. It combines the features of a microwave oven with the features of a convection oven. It is a hybrid between these two types of oven. It increases the functionality of the oven and allows you to prepare dishes that you can not prepare using a normal microwave oven or a normal convection oven alone. Before looking at the convection microwave hybrid technology, let’s gather some information about how different types of ovens work. After that, you will surely be able to choose the best convection microwave oven for yourself.
A Conventional Oven
Let’s have a quick look at the conventional oven used by many cultures throughout history. A good example of a conventional oven is a tandoor! A conventional oven does not implement any advanced technological units. It has been in use for a long time. It is used for heating, baking, drying, and so on. The material and fuel vary according to availability. It could be made of earth, metal, wood, etc. The fuel used for heating the oven was mostly wood. Later coal became the staple fuel.
At the beginning of the 19th century, gas became a popular choice as fuel for the oven. The first electric ovens were made in the late 19th century. Though at that time it was not widely used as electricity was scarce. Now that electricity is widely and easily available to people all around the world, the electric oven is the most popular choice.
A conventional oven has an outer layer made of thermally insulating material. It helps in keeping the heat inside the chamber and minimizes the heat losses. Electricity is used to heat the inner layers of the oven. This heat then raises the temperature of the whole chamber inside of the oven. This high temperature then helps to bake the food that is sitting inside the chamber.
The heat comes from a single direction in conventional ovens. In the case of baking and roasting, the heat comes from the bottom while in the case of broiling the heat comes from the top of the oven.
The main issue with this type of heating is that it provides uneven cooking. The food that is kept closer to the walls of the oven will get cooked earlier, as it will receive more heat. There are many more issues that can be made better. These issues are resolved with more modern ovens. They implement many technological components to improve on older methods.
A Convection Oven
A convection oven is a newer innovation than the conventional oven. It has a simple and clever design that provides better results than the old ovens. It also uses electricity to heat the cooking chamber. It has fans attached to it. These fans are surrounded by heating coils. When the coils get heated up by the electricity, it also heats the air around itself. The fans then help to circulate the hot air around the oven. It provides more even heating than the conventional oven. Circulation of the air also makes heat reach easily all around the food. The hot air makes the cooking process faster.
An air fryer is also one type of convection oven assisted by fans to circulate hot air. But it uses a higher rate of flow of the air. It is much smaller in size than the standard convection oven. It is easily portable and does not require too much space. IFB and LG manufacture the best convection oven in India.
Advantages of a convection oven
The fans that help to blow the air around inside the oven help to cook the dish very evenly. You can avoid cooking more on one side and less on another side. It also means that you do not have to rotate the food frequently like in a conventional oven.
With a convection oven, you have to rotate the food only a few times. This provides you the freedom to multitask. You can do other works while your food is cooking in the oven. By contrast, a conventional oven requires you to pay a lot of attention to the food while it is cooking inside the oven. You always have to keep rotating it otherwise it stands a chance of getting burnt.
With a convection oven, you can achieve improved browning and crisping. The fast-moving hot air provides the food with better conditions to get browned and develop a crispy layer. It also makes the process of baking and roasting food much faster than conventional ovens.
If you need to preheat the oven for a recipe, it will take much less time with a convection oven than a conventional oven. The fan blows air around the chamber and it makes the process faster. So you can achieve quick preheating and save a lot of time.
A convection oven has multiple racks. That makes it a nice option when you want to cook multiple dishes at once. This feature proves to be a lifesaver when you have guests around your house and you do not have much time. Multiple racks also give you more flexibility with the placement of food in the oven. You can choose to put the food in the top rack, bottom rack, or middle rack. Everything can be adjusted according to your choice and needs.
You can cook almost everything with a convection oven. You can cook meat, vegetables, casserole, and of course, cookies! The even and consistent heating inside the oven helps you to get meat brown and crispy from outside but it stays juicy on the inside.
Cooking with a convection oven can be a little bit confusing at first. But do not let it scare you. After you get familiar with the controls and the process, it will become the easiest thing in the world. You can cook nice meals in very little time. You just need to preheat the oven according to the recipe. After setting the temperature, set the timing, keep your food in the rack, and then enjoy a nice meal. It is that simple!
A Microwave Oven
A microwave oven is a piece of very technologically advanced kitchen equipment. It works on electricity too. It cooks food by exposing it to electromagnetic radiation. That may sound scary, but it is not. This electric radiation is in the range of microwave frequency range. Hence the name of the machine, a microwave oven. Microwave frequency radiation is a very natural occurrence. It is emitted by all hot things, even the sun! You are always exposed to microwaves in the environment, so there is no need of being scared of microwaves in the microwave oven.
Microwave frequency causes polar molecules to rotate and produce heat. Water is a polar molecule that is present in all the food items. So microwave essentially only heats the water molecules that are present in the food kept in the oven. And some fat molecules if they are present. The heating process is extremely quick because microwaves can penetrate inside the food and excite the water molecules present in it quite evenly. A microwave oven also has a turntable. A turntable is a small platform that rotates and assists in more even heating of food.
A microwave oven is faster in heating food with more amount of water in it. It is not so fast with fats and sugar when compared to water. That is because water molecules absorb microwaves much more efficiently than fat molecules or sugar molecules. But less speed does not mean that it is less efficient. Foods with higher fat content can reach a very high temperature in a microwave oven. This can even allow grilling or air frying foods like fries and chips. This makes them much healthier than deep frying in oil on a gas stove.
A microwave oven comes with a very convenient feature that is a control panel. You can enter the cooking time and temperature that you desire and then leave the rest of the work to the oven. After it finishes cooking food for the specified amount of time, it will release a little beep sound. That will notify you that your food has been cooked successfully. This feature is especially useful if you do not want to wait for the food to finish cooking. You can be somewhere else and when the beep goes off you will instantly know that your food is ready. No need to come and check it frequently.
The control panel can feature LEDs or a small screen that shows all the necessary information. Because of this light-emitting feature, you can easily read the information in the dark too. It allows you to work late with a microwave oven without the need of switching on the lights. Samsung and IFB are the producers of the best microwave in India.
A Convection Microwave Oven
Now we will get to know about the star product of the electric oven industry. A convection microwave oven!
A convection microwave oven is a hybrid between a standard microwave oven and a standard convection oven. Like its predecessors, a convection microwave oven also runs on electricity. It has a lot of advantages over standard microwave and convection ovens. LG, IFB, Panasonic, Samsung are some of the brands that make the best convection microwave oven in India.
Working of a convection microwave oven
A convection microwave oven deploys both the technologies used in its parent ovens. Just like a standard microwave oven, it uses microwave frequency electromagnetic waves to warm up the water molecules present in the food that is kept inside it. And just like a standard convection oven, it has small fans that blow air around the inner chamber of the oven. The fan is surrounded by heating coils. So when these coils heat up, they also heat the air surrounding them. Then the fan blows this air all around the oven.
There are some kinds of cooking techniques that can not be done with the help of a standard microwave oven. For example, you can not crisp or brown food. You can not prepare foods that require proper baking, like bread and cookies. They can only be prepared with the help of a convection oven that mimics the hot air cooking technique of a conventional oven. Whereas, there are some advantages of a microwave oven that a convection oven can not provide you. It can not cook food as fast as a microwave oven. It can not heat food as evenly too. Both of these ovens have their advantages that can not be achieved by the other.
That is exactly why a convection microwave oven is such a big need for every kitchen. It will function both as a microwave oven and a convection oven. It will allow you to cook a larger variety of food.
In a convection microwave oven, you can choose which of the above features you want to choose at a time. You can use either choose the function of just a microwave oven or if you want you can choose the function of just a convection oven. Or if you require to use both the functions at the same time you can do that too!
A convection microwave oven may seem like it costs extra than a standard microwave oven, but if you look closely it saves your money. If you purchase both of the types of equipment, they will cost you much more money than a single hybrid convection microwave oven. Not to mention that it saves a lot of electricity too. Thus a convection microwave oven is definitely worth the extra money! Later in the article, we will see which models are the best convection microwave oven in India.
Convection Microwave Oven-Safe Utensils
Any utensil that is safe to use in a standard microwave oven is safe to use in a convection microwave too. Avoid using low-grade plastic utensils as they can melt inside the oven. Or they can release toxins at high temperatures which are harmful to your health. When you use microwave-safe utensils, you can cook food without compromising its nutritional value. That is why you must have a nice understanding of which utensils are safe to use with a microwave oven and which ones are not.
Regular cooking ware is not particularly reliable if you want to cook food in an oven. It is better to invest in good quality microwave-safe utensils as they will ensure to protect your health. Non-microwave safe utensils can sometimes even harm the oven too.
You must look for the microwave-friendly symbol on the utensil to make sure that it is safe to use with a microwave oven. Most modern utensils that are safe for microwaves come with a symbol to notify that. If you can not see any such symbol, please do not risk using it.
In a convection microwave oven, your choice of utensil will also depend on the mode on which you are using the oven.
For microwave mode, utensils made of glass and silicone can be used. Utensils made of microwave-safe plastic can also be used. Metal utensils should be strongly avoided. If any plastic or glass utensil has a metallic part, it should be avoided too. Utensils having metallic paint should not be used.
On the convection mode, utensils made of glass and silicone can be used. Utensils made of metals are safe to use too. Any utensil made of plastic, paper, and wood should be strictly avoided. They face the risk of getting burnt or melted in the case of plastic.
On the grill mode, only utensils made of metals should be used. Any type of metal, like steel, iron, copper, aluminum, is fine to be used. Do not use any type of plastic in this mode. Do not use utensils made of ceramic, glass, and silicone. Wood and paper should be strictly avoided too.
You have got a choice among materials that are microwave-safe. Different materials provide ease of use and a nice look. The most common materials that are found in a kitchen, and how to check them for safety are as follows:
- Glass: Glass utensils are safe to use at both microwave mode and convection mode. Glass is a very popular choice to make oven-safe utensils because all kinds of glasses can stand the oven environment. You do not have to invest too much energy in looking for a microwave-friendly symbol. It can withstand extremely high temperatures without any harm. Just take care that the glass utensil does not have any metal part, as it can cause sparks. Do not use the glass vessel immediately after taking it out from the fridge, it may crack due to rapid expansion caused by the heat. You should take great precautions while cooking with glass vessels. Sometimes it can lead to electrical accidents, that is why it is important to be careful while using it.
- Plastic: Plastic utensils should only be used in the microwave mode. It should be made of a microwave-safe grade plastic. Not all types of plastic containers are safe to be used inside a microwave oven. If you put one such type of container inside the oven, it stands a chance of melting and getting ruined completely. It will also create a mess inside the oven and a very foul smell. Also, some unsafe plastics that do not melt inside the oven can release toxic substances at a higher temperature. It will degrade your food and can make you seriously ill. But some special types of plastic are safe and are widely used to make microwave-safe containers. They are marked with a microwave-safe symbol. It is advised to always check for this mark on the containers before using them for cooking food with a microwave oven.
- Ceramic: Ceramic utensils can be used in both, microwave mode and convection mode. Ceramic can be used safely, but only certain types. Use it only in the microwave mode. Some ceramics get too hot quickly. They can crack and cause accidents. Fine ceramics like china should never be used inside a microwave oven. To check if a ceramic vessel is safe or not, you can conduct a small test. It is called the water test. You should take a cup of water and put it in the oven along with the utensil to be tested. Let the oven heat for around a minute. Take the utensil out and check the temperature. If it is too hot then it is not safe to use inside a microwave oven. If it is not too hot, it can be used safely. Take care that you do not put those ceramic plates into the oven that are immediately taken out of a fridge.
- Silicone: Silicone utensils can be used on both microwave mode and convection mode. Silicone is a highly non-stick material and due to that, it is very easy to use as a baking vessel. It is better to use silicone utensils at a lower temperature range. At high temperatures, the performance of silicone cooking utensils will depend on their quality. Therefore, always prefer silicone utensils of good quality. High-quality silicone does not contain dangerous fillers and additives that can sometimes be found in low-quality products. In this way, a higher quality silicone product will safeguard your health too.
- Metal: Metal utensils should only be used in the convection mode. Using it in microwave mode is dangerous. Metal utensils are used widely in every kitchen. It makes it a popular choice for convection microwave oven on the convection mode. You can use any type of metal. For example, stainless steel, iron, copper, or aluminum. They are very simple to clean. They do not retain any odor. They do get stained readily. You should take care while handling them because they can get too hot while coming out of the oven.
Utensils with a lid should be preferred as lid prevents drying out of moisture from food. It will also prevent any spilling of food. Most microwave utensils are freezer safe and dishwasher safe too. In this way, they are multifunctional. Utensils that have a smooth finish are better. They will get cleaned easily. They will also not get discolored after multiple uses. They will not retain food odor. This will help in keeping the cooked food fresh for a longer duration of time. Moreover, do not use cracked or chipped utensils. They may crack even more under intense heat. re
Accessories For The Best Microwave Convection Oven
There are a lot of products available in the market for microwave ovens. They will make your experience of cooking with a convection microwave oven easier and enjoyable. Some of these accessories are an absolute must for every microwave oven! Without them, even the best convection microwave oven can not perform its best. A list is given below that tells you all you need to know about the accessories that are available for ovens.
- Turntable plate replacement: A turntable is what rotates inside the microwave oven while cooking. The turntable that comes with the oven will get dirty with use. We recommend having a backup turntable plate replacement. It will be helpful when the original one is sitting in the sink after getting dirty. It is made of tempered glass. Turntable plates come in different sizes. Any size is not fit for all the ovens. You will have to buy new plates according to the size that fits your microwave model. You can check the website of the manufacturer to know the size of the model that you have.
- Microwave-safe Gloves: These gloves are made of cotton. They help you handle the utensils while taking them out of the oven. Since the utensils might be too hot to handle, it is not safe to touch them with bare hands. A microwave-safe glove has 3-4 layers of cotton to keep the heat away. The cloth also provides a good grip on the utensils so that you do not spill it accidentally.
- Popcorn Popper: They are used for turning corn kernels into fluffy popcorns. You will not have to buy bagged popcorn from the store. You can make your own anytime you want and in any amount. They come with a measuring spoon to measure the exact amount of popcorn you want. They can be used multiple times. They do not get old easily. They are a perfect help for movie nights!
- Microwave Cookbook: A cookbook will have numerous recipes to try out. The best thing is that they will include the microwave cooking duration and temperature settings for every dish. These cookbooks are a must if you are new to cooking with microwave ovens. Beginners tend to struggle with food settings. The cookbook will help you with that.
- Microwave plate stacker: A microwave plate stacker will help you cook multiple dishes at a time. These stackers are made of microwave-safe plastic. You can stack many plates in them and cook for the whole family in lesser time. You will not be restricted by the area of the microwave floor. You can make use of the whole space of the oven. These stackers are safe to be washed in a dishwasher.
- Rice cooker: A rice cooker will help you make rice properly in a microwave oven. If you have tried cooking rice in a normal bowl in the microwave oven, you will know how hard it is to get right. It can get soggy and wet. It will be a much easier process with a rice cooker.
There are many other accessories designed for specific purposes. These include egg boilers, coffee makers, steam sterilizers, microwave cake makers, soup mugs, and so on. With the help of these accessories, you can make your life easier and cook a variety of food in no time!
Some other useful information about a convection microwave oven are answered below:
Is it harmful to open the door of a microwave oven while it is still running?
Almost all of the microwave ovens come with an inbuilt safety feature to avoid that. If you open the door while your microwave is still running, this feature will shut the magnetron down. A magnetron is a device that emits microwave radiation. So it is safe to open the door of the microwave while it is still running. If there is any leakage, you will feel a slight pain around the microwave when it is running. In this case, contact a technician immediately. The pain does not lead to any harm to your health.
Is microwave radiation harmful to health?
Microwave radiation can warm the tissues just like it warms food. Exposure to microwaves can cause painful tissue burns. But this kind of effect is only possible with high-energy microwaves. The waves that are used in a kitchen oven are low energy. Slight exposure to them will not cause any health risk to you.
Can you leave the microwave door open?
You can not leave the microwave oven door open if you want to cook something. Otherwise, it will not produce radiation. It will cook the food only when the door is closed. It is done to ensure your safety as well as to save power. After cooking you should keep the door open for a while. It will allow the food odor to escape and keep the oven fresh.
How do I choose the best convection microwave oven in India?
You should choose the best microwave convection oven according to your needs. Microwave ovens come with a lot of features. Different features are useful for different people. You should make a list of the features that you want. It can include cost, size, and safety features. And then you should match the list with different microwave models. The model that satisfies the most number of points on your list will be the best for you.
Can a convection microwave oven overheat?
Yes, a convection microwave oven can overheat under certain conditions. If your water does not have enough moisture content, the microwaves will not get absorbed. They will end up overheating the oven. Another case is when you have left food inside for too long, which could also overheat your microwave oven. A faulty fan can also lead to overheating. If you observe overheating in your oven, call a technician immediately. They will check what’s wrong and then fix it accordingly. You should not keep using the microwave after you observe overheating. It can harm the oven.
How long does a convection microwave last?
A good quality product will last longer than a lower quality product. The same goes for the treatment. If you use your microwave oven properly and take care of it in a good way, it will last long. The average lifespan of a microwave oven is about seven years.
Best Convection Microwave Oven In India – Buying Guide
Now that you know all about the working of a convection microwave oven, let’s look at the important factors you should take into consideration while choosing the best convection microwave oven in India.
Factors To Look For While Buying The Best Convection Microwave Oven In India
- Power Consumption: All microwave oven are built to run at a different power level. The more the power level, the more electricity it will consume. Microwave ovens that run on a higher power are more efficient. They will prepare food quickly than an oven that runs on lower power. If you cook in bulk quantities and prepare heavy food, you should go for a higher power oven. If you cook for one or two people most of the time, then an oven that runs on lower power will be the best microwave convection oven for you.
- Size of the microwave oven: A convection microwave oven is available in a lot of choices when it comes to size. The size of a microwave oven is measured in liters. It generally tells you how much space is present inside the inner chamber of the convection microwave oven, or you can say the capacity of the convection microwave oven. The size of the oven should be chosen according to the number of people for whom the food will be prepared at a time. Smaller families require a smaller sized oven while large families will need a larger sized oven. Generally, for a family of 2-3 people, a microwave oven of 18-20 liters will be the best. For a family of 4-5 people, mid-sized ovens of 20-23 liters would be the best microwave convection oven.
- Auto Cook Feature: Some microwave ovens come with an auto cook feature. In this kind of oven, you do not have to set the time and power yourself. You just have to specify the dish type and the microwave oven will set the proper time and power level for that particular dish automatically. However, this feature is not available in low-end ovens. If you want this feature you should look for a microwave oven on the higher end. If you want to simplify the cooking process or you are not sure about what are settings for different dishes, this particular feature will be very helpful for you. This is also helpful if you are a busy person and do not usually have a lot of time in your hand for cooking.
- Automatic sensor: Some convection microwave ovens come with an automatic sensor. The automatic sensor can detect when the food is perfectly cooked. And then it will shut down the oven automatically. It prevents the overheating and burning of food. This feature will help you a lot if you do not have a previous cooking experience with a convection microwave oven. Even if you put the timer settings higher than required, you do not risk ruining your food if your oven has an automatic sensor. It will give you more ease to work with the oven.
- Ceramic interior: A microwave can come with many different types of interiors. The most common materials used to build the interior are stainless steel, epoxy, and ceramic. Among all these materials, ceramic is far more superior. First of all, it makes cleaning the microwave oven a very easy task. It can also prevent any discoloration of the interior walls that could happen due to oil and grease residue over time. Ceramic walls are anti-bacterial and resistant to scratches, which gives it a longer life than stainless steel or epoxy walls.
- Quick Defrost Feature: A powerful defrost feature will help in reheating frozen food quickly. Some microwave ovens have this feature that makes them specialized in the defrosting process. If you buy a lot of frozen food from the store, or prepare food in bulk and then store it in the freezer, this feature will be very helpful for you. It will take lesser time to heat frozen food, hence saving you a lot of time. It will also make cooking more convenient for you. For example, if you are a working person and can not get time for cooking properly, you can cook in bulk. And then freeze the food. Later when you need to eat, just take out the food from the freezer and keep it on defrost mode in the oven. It is so simple and easy!
- Child Lock Feature: This feature is especially useful when you have a child in your home. As we know kids are innocent, they tend to play with things. They treat everything as a toy, even a microwave oven! Child lock feature kind of locks the microwave. You have to unlock it with a simple password. Without the password, the microwave oven will not respond to any button. So the kid can not open the oven and will be safe even when you are not around to take care of it.
- Preheat Feature: Some recipes require you to preheat the oven. It means you have to get the temperature inside the oven to a certain level before putting the food in it. A microwave oven provides you the option of turning it on and leaving it like that to reach the required temperature. You can input the temperature, and when the inside of the oven reaches that level the microwave will release a beep sound to let you know about it. You can then put the food inside and follow the recipe further.
- Timer Feature: The timer feature allows you to control the cooking duration. You can input the cooking time from anywhere between 30 seconds to 10 minutes. This way you can choose the cooking time for your food very precisely. You can enter the cooking time through either a knob or an LED touch screen depending on the panel type on your convection microwave oven.
- Panel type: Through the panel of a microwave oven, you can control it and can monitor the working. There are usually three types of panels that come with convection microwave ovens. These types are Mechanical type, Tact Dial type, and Feather Touch panel. Mechanical panels and Tact dial panels are usually available in lower-end models. They provide a little rough usage as compared to the feather touch type panel. The feather touch panel is the best type of panel. It has a good looking design. You can use it just like a touch screen phone, so it is very convenient. You can get a feather touch panel in all the best microwave convection oven.
- Turntable: The turntable may seem like a very small feature but you should not neglect it. Despite being a small feature it is very important and helpful. A turntable is a platform inside the microwave oven that keeps rotating at a slow speed. You put the food on this platform. Its rotation will cause your food to rotate too and it will make sure that your food is getting cooked evenly on all sides. The important part is that you will not have to rotate the food by yourself from time to time, as it can become hectic and time-consuming. It’s better if you get a convection microwave oven with a disable turntable feature. With that, you can use bigger and rectangular plates and trays for cooking food inside the oven.
- Deodorisation feature: Deodorisation feature helps to keep your microwave fresh. With one push of a button, you can force the internal air outside of the microwave oven. This helps you to remove any smell left from previous cooking. Next time you use the oven, food will come out smelling nice and fresh. You will also avoid the dreaded smell when your oven gets older.
- Transparent door: You do not have to worry too much about this feature as almost all modern convection microwave ovens come equipped with a transparent door. Still, it is better to know the use of this feature. A transparent door allows you to keep an eye on the food while it is cooking. This way you can avoid spilling or burning of food. This will also help you to avoid wastage of food and any extra cleaning responsibility.
- Keep warm feature: This feature is helpful when you want to keep food warm for a certain amount of time without cooking it. The microwave will set the temperature to a nice level so that the food becomes warm, and then keep adjusting the level. This way your food can remain warm while you are attending some other work, or waiting for visitors to arrive. It also minimizes the power consumption that happens in reheating the food again and again.
- Microwave oven accessories: You can buy many accessories to make your experience of using a microwave oven comfortable. You can buy microwave oven gloves and covers. You can also get convection microwave oven safe utensils and vessels. If you have enough space on the kitchen wall, you can buy a microwave stand. It will help you to mound the microwave oven on the wall instead of keeping it on the counter. That will save you a lot of counter space.
- Company: A well-known brand of microwave ovens will give you a better quality product than other brands. Samsung makes the best convection microwave oven in India’s popular choice. Other very good brands are LG, Toshiba, and IFB. Some IFB and Godrej models provide three years of warranty on the heating element and the body of the microwave oven. Other brands provide one year of warranty on the heating element and the body. You should also check which brand provides the best customer services in your area. And then you should choose the brand according to it.
- Price: Good convection microwave oven can be found in various price ranges. The price will mostly depend on the size of the convection microwave oven that you are buying. Many different brands offer many different price ranges. You should choose a size that fits your need. You can buy the best convection microwave oven within your budget without sacrificing quality.
Among the factors listed above, you should prioritize the ones that you think are the most helpful for you. Say you buy a lot of frozen food from stores, in that case, prioritize the quick defrost feature while looking for the best convection microwave oven for yourself. Some factors may not be much useful for you, for example, the child lock feature is not so useful for you if you are a single person.
So now that you know all about the microwave convection oven, let us look at some models to choose the best convection microwave oven in India. Given below is a list of the most popular models with their features:
Best Convection Microwave Oven In India Reviews
The first oven on our list is manufactured by LG. You can use it for various types of cooking. You can bake, grill, reheat, defrost food with it, and much more. It is easy and safe to use. The heater is concealed in the body. It prevents any accidents that could happen due to heat. The exterior has a floral design which makes it look beautiful. It is the best convection microwave oven in India for large families. Various useful features are as follow:
- It has a capacity of 32 liters, making it suitable for large families.
- It weighs 27 kgs and 900 gms.
- It has more than 200 auto cook options for Indian food.
- The control panels come with tactile buttons.
- It has a diet fry feature that enables you to make fried food without using too much oil.
- It has interior walls made of stainless steel which reflects heat and helps in even cooking.
- It has a pasteurized milk feature that warms the milk at just below its boiling point, removing any risk of spillage.
- It requires 230 Volts of electricity to run.
- It comes with a user manual and a starter kit.
- It provides keep warm feature.
- It provides a quick defrost feature.
- It also comes with a fermentation feature.
- It comes with a warranty of one year.
The second recommendation is manufactured by the IFB brand. IFB is a leading manufacturer of high-quality home appliances. This model is easy to use and comes at a reasonable price. It is good for small families. The various features are listed below:
- It has a capacity of 20 liters, making it suitable for small families and single people.
- Its weight is 14 kgs and 300 gms.
- It requires 230 Volts of electricity.
- This model is present in the metallic silver color.
- It comes with a touch-sensitive keypad.
- It has an auto cook feature for 24 foods.
- It comes with a user manual and a starter kit.
- It has a quick defrost feature.
- It provides a child lock feature.
- It comes with a warranty of one year.
This microwave oven is manufactured by Samsung. It has many user-friendly features. It is a good option for medium to large families. It has a very useful slim fry function. Other features are listed below:
- It has a capacity of 28 liters making it fit for medium and large families.
- It weighs 17 kgs and 500 gms.
- The interior walls are made of ceramic, making it easy to clean.
- The control pad is touch-sensitive and easy to clean.
- It comes with the child lock safety feature.
- Slimfry technology helps you fry food with a minimum amount of oil.
- It comes with a turntable of size 318 mm.
- The exterior color is black which gives it a smart look.
- It has a warranty period of one year.
This model is the second on the list that is manufactured by IFB. It is suitable for standard Indian families. It is a power-saving model that uses less electricity than other models. Let’s look at other features:
- It has a capacity of 23 liters, making it fit for medium-sized families.
- It weighs 16 kgs and 100 gms.
- It runs on 230 Volts of electricity.
- It comes in a black and red floral design.
- It comes with a user manual and a starter kit.
- It comes with an auto cook feature that has above 70 food items.
- The control pad is touch-sensitive.
- It has a child lock feature.
- It also has a steam clean feature.
- It has a warranty period of one year.
This model is manufactured by the company Godrej. It is has a very affordable price. It is best for small families and single people.
The other features are:
- It has a capacity of 19 liters.
- Its weight is 15 kgs.
- It requires 230 Volts of electricity.
- The control panel features tactile buttons.
- It has an auto cook feature that has a menu for 125 food items.
- It comes with a child lock safety feature.
- It has a white exterior with floral designs.
- It comes with a glass turntable.
- It has a warranty period of 1 year.
This oven is manufactured by the company Morphy Richards. It is suitable for a medium-sized family. It comes in a ready to use state and does not require installation. Let us look at the other features:
- It has a capacity of 25 liters.
- It weighs 14 kgs and 500 gms.
- It requires 230 Volts of electricity to run.
- It has a touch-sensitive control panel.
- You get a warranty period of 2 years with this model.
- It comes with a user manual.
- The internal walls are made of stainless steel.
- This model has a silver color on the exterior.
- It includes a baking plate and a turntable.
This model is manufactured by the company Panasonic. It is well suited for a medium to large family. It has a plain and smart-looking exterior. Its amazing features are given below:
- It has a capacity of 27 liters.
- It weighs 20 kgs and 400 gms.
- It has an auto cook feature with presets for 101 menu items
- The control pad is touch-sensitive.
- It includes a high-low rack and a glass turntable.
- It comes with a free start-up kit containing a serving dish, idli stand, spatula, etc.
- It also comes with a cookbook.
- The exterior of the model is black.
- You get a warranty of 1 year.
The production of this model is done by the Haier brand. It is a small-sized oven. It is perfect for single people and smaller families. It is quite lightweight too. That makes it perfect for carrying and moving around. Other features are as follows:
- Its capacity is 20 liters.
- Its weight is 11 kgs and 600 gms.
- It has a white exterior color.
- The control panel is of tact button type.
- It comes with a warranty period of 1 year.
- It includes a glass turntable.
- It comes with a user manual.
This microwave is produced by Samsung. It is large-sized and good for larger families. The other important features are listed below:
- Its capacity is 32 liters.
- It weighs 20 kgs exact.
- It runs on 230 volts of electricity.
- The interior walls are made of ceramic.
- The exterior of the oven is grey.
- It also has slim fry technology for healthier frying.
- The control panel has a touch screen function and a dial.
- It comes with 1 year of warranty.
- It has a child lock safety feature.
The last recommendation on our list is manufactured by IFB. It is a good oven for large families. It has a beautiful floral design on its exterior walls. It is a Let us look at the other features listed below:
- It has a capacity of 30 liters.
- It weighs 18 kgs and 400 gms.
- It runs on 230 Volts of electricity.
- It has a control panel that supports touch sensitivity.
- It has an auto cook feature that comes with a preloaded menu for 101 food items.
- It has a warranty period of 1 year.
- The exterior is a beautiful black color with a red floral design.
- It comes with a user manual and a warranty card.
After looking at all these options and comparing all the features we arrived at the conclusions! The LG 32 L Convection Microwave Oven is the best microwave convection oven in India if you have a large family and have to cook a large amount of food regularly. If you have a small family or you live alone, you should buy a smaller oven. For you, the IFB Convection Microwave 20 L Oven is the perfect option for the best microwave convection oven in India. Always pair your best convection microwave oven with a microwave-safe utensil for best results and long life of the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which microwave is best?
A convection microwave oven is generally the best microwave oven. It is a hybrid between a convection oven and a microwave oven. It provides you with the best of both types of oven. There are certain things that you can not do with a microwave oven and certain things that you can not do with a convection oven. But the hybrid convection microwave oven allows you to do all of these things. You can bake, reheat food, and cook crispy food with this oven. The list of the food that you can make with a convection microwave oven is very large and diverse. Due to the combined features of these two types of ovens, a convection microwave oven is the best type of microwave oven.
Which brand is best for a convection microwave oven?
Many brands in India make high-quality convection microwave ovens. The best microwave oven brand for you would depend on your needs. There are so many models, from small to large, high-end to low-end. You can compare all of them and choose the one that suits your needs best. The price range offered by them is nice too. You can choose the best microwave convection oven for yourself without it negatively affecting your budget. All the brands listed below are very reliable:
Do microwaves with convection ovens work well?
Yes, microwaves with convection ovens work very well. They work better than an individual microwave oven or an individual convection oven. They will provide you with combined features of both ovens in one single model. Some food can not be prepared in a microwave oven. For example, you can not brown foods in a microwave. But you can do it in a convection oven. A microwave that also has convection will make it easy for you. There is a large range of food you can prepare with it. And it does work well. There is no reason to worry about it.
Are convection microwaves worth the extra money?
Yes, they are. A convection microwave may cost more than a regular microwave but look at the features it provides! It provides the features of two gadgets together. It can work as a microwave oven and as a convection oven. That means it gives you the speed of a standard microwave oven and saves a lot of time. But some functions are not available in a microwave oven, like browning and crispy crust. With the help of the convection oven, you can achieve those functions too.
Moreover, you can choose which functions you want at a time. For example, you can either cook the food on just the microwave mode, only convection mode, or both. You can choose the feature you want according to the food you are cooking. To get these features without a hybrid microwave convection oven, you will have to buy a convection oven and a microwave oven separately. And that will cost you much more money. Considering all these features, you can see that a convection microwave is definitely worth the extra money.
Which is the best microwave oven in India to buy?
Microwave ovens with the convection feature are the best microwave ovens in India. They provide you the combined features of a microwave oven as well as a convection oven. You can cook a large range of food with it. And it comes in a nice price range too. Many brands manufacture high-quality convection microwave ovens. You can check their products and pick one that suits your needs in the best way possible. Some of the best brands are listed below:
All these brands are very reliable and provide at least one year of the warranty period.